Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Mbwun Just got my VP180 this afternoon - 03/17/11 07:37 PM
Let me tell you, I am completed impressed by the VP180's performance compared to the VP150. The 150 was no slouch but the VP180 is a beast.

I've only had a chance to watch 20 minutes of Iron Man II but here are my initials reactions.

After calibrating it in with the rest of my setup (M60s & QS8s) the front soundstage is seamless. The bass response feels rock solid. The scenes where the Grand Prix Cars were starting up felt visceral. And this was -3.0dB off of my usual listening volume.

I know it sounds crazy, but with the addition of the VP180 the individual speakers disappeared and I was left with a wall of sound supporting my movie.

I'll be breaking out the measurement software and mic this weekend to do a full calibration and integration, but I just wanted to take a minute to thank Axiom for knocking another one out of the park.

Posted By: Jc Re: Just got my VP180 this afternoon - 03/17/11 07:40 PM
Excellent !
Thanks for sharing !
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Just got my VP180 this afternoon - 03/17/11 08:10 PM
Thanks for posting your impressions!

My DLP seems to be dying a slow death. As soon as I can, I'm going to replace it with a 55" wall-mounted LCD. That will leave the top of my furniture available to hold a VP180! ::evil laugh::

All these reviews on the VP180 make me want one! smile
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Just got my VP180 this afternoon - 03/17/11 08:10 PM
And, in the last step of the process, I convince Tom to do all the same steps! smile
Posted By: Glitchy Re: Just got my VP180 this afternoon - 03/17/11 10:50 PM
Where's my in-wall/on-wall VP170! I'll cut and head out a couple of studs!
Posted By: RickF Re: Just got my VP180 this afternoon - 03/17/11 10:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Mbwun

I know it sounds crazy, but with the addition of the VP180 the individual speakers disappeared and I was left with a wall of sound supporting my movie.

Mbwun that was my experience also, it is indeedy a great center that matches our M80s to a 'T'.

Congrats!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Just got my VP180 this afternoon - 03/18/11 03:49 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post! Can't wait till I splurge and get me a new center smile
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Just got my VP180 this afternoon - 03/18/11 05:09 PM
Jealous!
Posted By: jhunt17 Re: Just got my VP180 this afternoon - 03/21/11 05:12 AM
I echo the same. I don't even think the 150 is in the same league as the 180. Dialog from left to right is completely seamless and and the added bass from it mixed with the sub create make the speakers disappear! I never get localization from my speakers now that I have the 180. I just wish I had more time to actually use them.
© Axiom Message Boards