Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Westcoast Piano Finish on M80's....... - 04/17/11 04:04 AM
For those of you that have a piano finish on your Axiom speakers I have a question for you. How would you rate the quality of the piano finish? I am considering ordering a pair of M80's with this finish.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Posted By: casey01 Re: Piano Finish on M80's....... - 04/17/11 05:08 PM
Very good, however, because of the multiple coats, if knocked, the finish is a little more vulnerable to chipping. Regular dusting will be in order as well. I have both a pair of M80s and M22s in the piano gloss black and to, me, there is kind of an "elegance" to the look that will fit any decor. In the case of the varying options in the "real wood" Vasallo series which are excellent, with the multiple choices of woods and stains, when making a choice, I would think one still has to be a little more aware of the colors in the room. The piano gloss wouldn't really be a limitation here.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Piano Finish on M80's....... - 04/17/11 10:28 PM
I have heard it is very very nice, but you may have to dust a lot to keep down dust and fingerprints. If you have the green for the extra cost, I'm sure you will be happy. Axiom will send you samples for a small fee.t
Posted By: SRoode Re: Piano Finish on M80's....... - 04/18/11 12:00 AM
I have the piano finish on my M3s (pictures in the gallery). It is really a glass like finish and nicer than anything I have in my house now. As casey said, they will require more care and maintenance, but they are well worth it.
Posted By: Westcoast Re: Piano Finish on M80's....... - 04/18/11 12:35 AM
Thanks to everyone for their feedback. I was interested in the quality of the finishing as not all piano finishes are created equally. By the sounds of it everyone seems very happy with the finish. This is good to know.
Cheers.
© Axiom Message Boards