Axiom Home Page
Whenever they get here is fine.( the M80's Black on the auction site) I'm pretty much tempted to NOT put the rubber feet on them, as there sitting on a very thin carpet which has concrete under it.
Any reason i "should" put the rubber feet on. or go for spikes, or this is all pertty much a waste of time as they will work fine..sitting on the floor with NO feet?
I would put the feet on them (rubber or spike) just to protect the bottoms of them better. Rubber would be easier to move around.

The "feet" also help to isolate the cabinet from the floor.
yep, lots of questions and you don't have them yet?
Well I just ordered them, so if they show up by next friday..i'm lucky. I was just wondering...if the feet, or no feet mean alot on this speaker. In theroy..on a almost cement floor..no feet may work better as a mass coupling type thing.

But was just guessing.

I don't think it would make a difference at all. If nothing else it would protect the finish to have either spikes or rubber feet on them. Hell, do as you wish, their yours smile
I think it would make a difference. As Adrian said, the feet will help isolating the speakers from the cement floor which will IMO result in a better bass.
Congrats on your purchase bobt.
You would want to isolate them from the floor so the rubber feet at the very least should be used, the spikes have less contact area to further isolate them but I find the spikes also make the speakers a little to tipsy for use with kids running arround.
Thanks guys. I'll put the rubber feet on them. The hard part now is just sitting around waiting for them to show up....LOL
These are the first new speakers i've bought in 25 years, so to say i'm excited would pretty much be an understatement...LMAO
© Axiom Message Boards