Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Stereoguy99 Album Artwork ? - 07/13/11 04:08 PM
Hi: I'm trying to find a program to find lost Album art/covers. I know about the one's that work with itunes(Tune-up which I 'm already using for my itunes). What free ones exist for files outside of itunes if any? Thanks for any help
Posted By: alan Re: Album Artwork ? - 07/13/11 06:19 PM
Hi Stereoguy99,

I'm no expert on this stuff, but I have a SanDisk Sansa MP3 player, and when I rip my own CDs in my laptop to compressed Windows Media Audio or MP3 files for transfer to the Sansa, the Windows program searches and finds the artwork for most of my CDs. The little Sansa doesn't display the album artwork but my laptop does. So I assume the program has to be part of Windows Media Player. I'm using Windows Vista on my laptop PC.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Alan
Posted By: J. B. Re: Album Artwork ? - 07/13/11 06:44 PM
when you use WinAmp, there is a function that searches for art on the internet.
right click on a file/view file info, and you'll see a tab named Artwork.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Album Artwork ? - 07/13/11 07:24 PM
If you are using the Sansa Clip or Clip+, it does not support/display album art. However, if you are using the Sansa Fuze, the Fuze will display the album art in the player that it gets from WMP.
Posted By: rvrrat Re: Album Artwork ? - 07/14/11 03:16 AM
I think Gracenote sells the data to different companies
Posted By: fhw Re: Album Artwork ? - 07/14/11 08:37 PM
If you still can't find the artwork through the software function/Gracenote, you can sometimes find it from Amazon or other sites that sell the album. Not that it's really a help if you have 100s or 1000s of albums...
Posted By: Tariq Re: Album Artwork ? - 07/16/11 05:40 AM
This may help: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

It allows you to add/modify any most tag info. You can download the album cover from anywhere resize it to a suitable pic size (300 pixel by 300 pixel is enough for the iphone/ipod 500 pixel for ipad ..etc), convert it to jpg, and modify the mp3 through mp3tag to have the picture inside the file.
Posted By: CV Re: Album Artwork ? - 07/16/11 10:00 AM
I make things harder than I have to. I first search for large, clean versions of the images with Google Images, then, if I can't find anything of appropriate quality, I'll scan the cover myself. I scan it in large, then scale down to 600x600 (or if it's not a perfect square image, 600 would be the max for either dimension) with almost no compression. I'm weird and think that even 600x600 might not be enough, just because it would still look scaled if I made it fullscreen on my 1080p display. But since it's usually just a portion of my MediaMonkey window, I settle. A large part of my collection either has no album artwork or lesser-quality scans from other people. It's of course a goal to get everything up to snuff over time, but I'm not being adamant about reaching it. One of these days....
© Axiom Message Boards