Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mwc Prolific poster gets props! - 07/30/03 02:20 AM
A frequent, well respected and prolific poster on these forums received recognition in the Axiom newsletter "The Audiofile" this month. Has anyone spotted this person yet?

Jeez! I hope he doesn't start charging a fee for all the great advice he doles out here.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/30/03 02:27 AM
Here are some more tips. You could be broke, but he could talk you into buying a front projector. His Hales are spectacular. And, he is the only male in a house surrounded by women.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/30/03 03:58 AM
I believe he once said that he likes to eat sushi, too.

Would that make him auto-cannibalistic?
Posted By: sushi Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/30/03 05:30 AM
Umm???

[scrambling to check emails...]
Posted By: sushi Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/30/03 05:49 AM
Wow! The rumor (or was it a "rumor" when it came straight from Amie?) on the Axiom cables was real...!!! I look forward to seeing the prices.

And thanks, Alan, for citing my little water hose analogy...
Posted By: JohnK Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/30/03 05:54 AM
Masa, in case you didn't get yours, hit axiomaudio.com/archives/July2003.html. This related back to when we were playing around with electron velocities. Having recovered from staring at Dr. Kitaoka's illusions, it now seems clear to me that the "high-end" cable peddlers are missing a bet. Since the electrons in an AC situation actually just bounce around in place, this means that the same electrons are still there and have been used for hundreds or even thousands of hours. Surely "fresh" electrons would give tighter bass, clearer mid-range, etc. These high-end cables should be replaced, perhaps annually, for this reason. A few extra thousand dollars a year on cables should be no problem.
Posted By: aquashankar Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/30/03 06:01 AM
Now that I've finished laughing after reading your post, I wonder why "fresh" electrons are not yet put up for sale. There could be treated electrons for bass, mid and treble.

I think Axiom should start giving prizes to Chess for crossing his 1000th post and to Masa for his "watery" analogies.
Posted By: mwc Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/30/03 11:44 AM
[I think Axiom should start giving prizes to Chess for crossing his 1000th post and to Masa for his "watery" analogies.]

Yes, they could do a "poster of the month" award sort of like businesses do an employee of the month. And then at the end of the year they could do a "Poster of the year" award.

Posted By: chesseroo Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/30/03 01:25 PM
And do these prizes include just fresh electrons or would the package also include all new protons and neutrons as well?
And i don't want any of that low end stuff either. I want the 99.9% oxygen free protons covered in teflon.
Posted By: MIKEY Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/30/03 08:20 PM
Come on now, don't know that oxygen free deal.. I've got speaker wire that has turned as stiff as a board due to oxidation.. Turned green under the insulation, etc..
Although, could that be somehow caused by the the type of vinyl used for the insulation ? Hmmmmmmm ?
PS: Chess, your pictued of that chillin pint is just killin me ! Have mercy monsieur.. I'm trying my best to make it thru another day here.. haha.. Hours and hours to go yet..
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/30/03 09:30 PM
Why stop at oxygen free cables? I want an oxygen-free Home Theater room!

Can you imagine how great my speakers would sound in a vacuum? No pesky air particles to distort the sound!

(yes, I am joking)
Posted By: MIKEY Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/30/03 09:32 PM
Oooops.. That was supposed to read, "Don't knock the oxygen free deal".. Your photo of that pint was just too distracting, and the edit time ran out before I broke out of the trance !
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/30/03 09:58 PM
Mikey,
Just about every cable brand is oxygen free and advertises it heavily almost as if it were a special trait that no other manufactorer knows about.

As for the pint, well, it is a Kilkenny sitting in a Creemore Springs glass doing its 'cascade'.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/30/03 10:03 PM
Joking, Peter? I'd hope not. Your instincts are correct and you should learn to trust them. Surely if oxygen-free speaker cables are good, an entirely oxygen-free listening environment must be still better. Note the audiophiles in project #8 on this site excitedly anticipating experiencing truly pure sound.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/31/03 02:57 AM
JohnK,

THAT is the best link I've seen all day. And I follow a lot of links.

Thanks for the laugh!
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/31/03 04:15 AM
Sure it's better, but how would you be able to listen? (and breathe for that matter)
Posted By: JohnK Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/31/03 04:20 AM
Jim, if you read the link all your doubts will vanish.
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/31/03 04:30 AM
Great link!! So a nitrogen rich room won't affect the eyes or ears? What happens if the guy on the right forgets to breathe through his mouth?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/31/03 04:34 AM
He's screwed.
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/31/03 04:45 AM
I wonder if they told them that before the test? It's kinda hard for a guy to learn from that mistake...
Posted By: JohnK Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/31/03 04:49 AM
Sometimes sacrifices must be made for the advancement of science.
Posted By: aquashankar Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/31/03 05:25 AM
John, that was a real gag! Thanks for that link.

Ah..I can see it now. Axiom presents Chess with the first radium powered portable nuclear reactor to ensure a fresh supply of electrons, protons and neutrons that can be used to transmit audio signals to the purest degree. Throw in a few Cadmium rods for better control.

Sushi is given a set of scuba gear to test the effect of home theater underwater (with waterproof speakers). After all, sound travels faster in a denser medium. Who knows? Sushi might become a part of the website and be the only successful project among all the failures. While sampling the sound, he can catch live sushi and eat them too!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/31/03 05:40 AM
Perhaps we should all fill our listening rooms with jello. Oxygen free and very dense!
Posted By: Zarak Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/31/03 12:07 PM
Ahhh, yes...jello. Doesn't that open up a whole new debate though? Which flavor of jello does the sound travel best through? Would I need to upgrade my orange jello the Cherry to get better sound?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/31/03 03:59 PM
I'm thinking pure gelatin, but it has to be green. Not lime, but green. The CDs will work better in green.
Posted By: Joe90 Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 07/31/03 05:49 PM
Do you have double-blind test data to back-up your claim? Independent lab tests conducted in the recent past clearly indicated CD's worked better in lime verus green Jello (although it should be noted that Bill Cosby was the supervising rater, which may have introduced a rater bias halo effect!).
Posted By: Zarak Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 08/01/03 12:13 AM
No...I think you are getting confused...it was the Jello Pudding Pops that Bill Cosby wanted to fill the room with.
Posted By: Joe90 Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 08/01/03 04:12 AM
I stand corrected Zarak...you're right, it was the Jello Pudding Pops.
Posted By: sushi Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 08/01/03 08:31 AM
John, belatedly, I have to say that, not only the "failed projects" page, but that entire site is seriously interesting. Thanks!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Prolific poster gets props! - 08/01/03 08:49 AM
Yes Masa, Self's analysis of some of this nonsense is rather devastating. Congratulations to you too, for topping all the boards! But, what says Tokyo, 9 bands or 5?
© Axiom Message Boards