Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Craig A Axiom newbie - 08/18/11 04:54 PM
My order is enroute. On Wall mounted M22 FL FR and VP100 along with a pair of QS8's. I am so excited to get them setup. Currently will use my HK 240 avr and Infinity HTIB sub.

Will soon upgrade sub to probably a Rhythmic f15 and the AVR down the road to a Denon 2112 or 2312. What do you think of my plan?

I have recently started listening and enjoying music again. I had forgot what good music sounds like. Then we bought a new Genesis with the Lexicon stereo and it has reminded me what good music sounds like.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Axiom newbie - 08/18/11 07:14 PM
Welcome. I think that you will be very happy with both your purchase as well as this forum. It is a great source of non-biased help on just about any topic audio or otherwise.
Posted By: Craig A Re: Axiom newbie - 08/18/11 09:06 PM
Thanks, bought the paintable ones for the WAF, so will paint and hang shortly after their arrival. I do have a 2 ch system upstairs that I rarily listen to. A ADCOM 5400 amp with Klipsh KG 5.5's that sounds pretty good. I also have a couple of old Carver cube amps sitting out in the shop I need to use again some day.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom newbie - 08/19/11 01:16 AM
Craig, welcome. Yes, your Axioms will certainly provide the way to enjoyment of great music. The f15 sub should provide a similar step-up in quality and bass extension.

The 2112 and 2312 would both be fine receiver choices and you might also consider the Onkyo 709, which would probably be one notch up from the 2312(including pre-outs if you'd want to use the old amps you have).
Posted By: Craig A Re: Axiom newbie - 08/19/11 01:49 AM
Thanks and I will check out the onkyo
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom newbie - 08/22/11 10:08 PM
Welcome, Craig.

I think you will really enjoy that setup, and I like your plan.

+1 to what JohnK and Nick said.

Unless you need the features (processing, switching, etc.) I'm not sure you're going to HEAR a lot of difference between the HK240 and a newer model receiver. I do think the Onkyo 709 is a marvelous bargain, though, especially when bought as a refurb from shoponkyo or accessories4less. Definitely get the sub first.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom newbie - 08/22/11 10:39 PM
Welcome aboard!
Posted By: Craig A Re: Axiom newbie - 08/23/11 03:33 PM
Thanks,

Im very excited to get the speakers. However there was/is a slight glitch in my order, I guess the center and surrounds shipped are the wrong ones. They have sent the correct ones and I will send the others back. THe FL FR should arrive today. Hopefully the right center and surrounds will arrive this week as well. Then the sub will be ordered pending approval from my financial mgr (wife:)

This past weekend, I moved my adcom and Klipsh setup out to my man cave room attached to my shop. It sounded great and will finally get some use again.
Posted By: Craig A Re: Axiom newbie - 08/23/11 03:36 PM
Forgot to mention above, no bad feelings about shipment problem. I understand Stuff Happens. I am sure once received and hooked up I will forget all about it.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom newbie - 08/23/11 06:02 PM
heck keepthem for the garage.
Posted By: Craig A Re: Axiom newbie - 08/29/11 05:23 PM
I just posted in HT forum and figured I would put here as well. I received all my speakers, painted and hung. After calibration they sound awesome, even with my cheap sub. Just ordered a Rythmic F15 sub and will hook up this weekend. Have watched RIO 3D, Dave Mathews and Rush so far.
I will post pics soon. And a huge plus, the WAF is high, speakers look and sound great.

Thanks
Posted By: J. B. Re: Axiom newbie - 08/29/11 05:31 PM
after reading thousands of posts in different forums, i've come to the conclusion that the term "WAF" is misleading.

people should instead write "BAF" (Boss Approval Factor).
Posted By: Craig A Re: Axiom newbie - 08/29/11 09:03 PM
So true
Posted By: fredk Re: Axiom newbie - 09/01/11 10:47 PM
Yeah, but some of us are NAFRs...
Posted By: a401classic Re: Axiom newbie - 09/02/11 11:05 AM
A former co-worker was so bossy that we got her a coffee cup that said "When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you"

To which she responded, "That's right, and don't you forget it"

I hope you continue to enjoy your new system.
Posted By: Craig A Re: Axiom newbie - 09/02/11 03:57 PM
I am loving it. Just received my rythmic F15 sub two days ago. Have it blended pretty good, but will continue to tweak. It is an amazing sub and with eyes closed it cannot be located. Last night I pulled out a couple of old CD's, Larry Carlton and also A tribute to Jeff (Picarro)by Sheffield Lab, listening in stereo at about -10. Night before was Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds at Radio City BD. Axiom was right, dust off the old CD's. I have a bunch to pull out that I haven't listend to in years.
Posted By: Craig A Re: Axiom newbie - 09/09/11 01:09 PM
Update after having hooked up for a little over a week.
I remember reading that the Axioms will bring out the recording level. I believe that to be right. Good recordings sound great and bad ones sound bad. On some of my CD's, it seems that the drums aren't very distinct (mid-bass?), and on others you can hear every instrument in detail. I think the speakers do a great job with Jazz and acoustical music. The Rythmic F15 sub is amazing.
I am sure much of this is due to my speakers being on-wall. I also think some this has to do with my receiver. It is a HK 240 and doesn't have any calibration other than EZ set and the manual setting for xover, delay and level.
I plan to probably buy a Onkyo 709 or 809 thinking the Audisey will provide a good improvement.
Thoughts?
Posted By: fredk Re: Axiom newbie - 09/09/11 10:38 PM
You have it exactly right Craig. I don't think I own a single Jazz disk that is poorly recorded. I wish the entire industry set their standards that high.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom newbie - 09/10/11 02:46 AM
Craig, my personal experience with Audyssey MultEQ and that of most users who've used correct procedures in applying it has been highly satisfactory. The 709 or 809 would be fine additions, although it can't be said with certainty whether the particular area that you mention would be improved.
© Axiom Message Boards