Axiom Home Page
Posted By: HTGEEK Selling Axiom speakers - 10/06/11 05:33 PM
I am trying to locate, if their is one, a place to list used Axiom speakers for sale.. Is that allowed on this site?

Thanks..
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/06/11 05:36 PM
deals.axiomaudio.com is the only allowed method of selling on Axiom's website.
Posted By: bdpf Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/06/11 05:49 PM
but you get axiom dollars from you sale, meaning it's only valid toward Axiom purchases. If you want cash, your best bet are sites like Audiogon, canuckaudiomart (in Canada), ebay, kijiji...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/06/11 06:08 PM
I was thinking at one time they allowed the seller and buyer to arrange payment through paypal.
Posted By: HTGEEK Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/06/11 07:15 PM
Thanks for the information. I have them listed on one of those sites but I thought for some reason you could do it here too...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/06/11 08:38 PM
to bad you want to sell your speakers regardless.
Posted By: HTGEEK Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/06/11 09:10 PM
The VP-180 is to big for my wife so I am looking for another option on the front three, that is why I am selling it along with my M80's...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/06/11 09:16 PM
wow, that is to bad
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/06/11 09:27 PM
Tried selling the wife?

just kidding wink
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/06/11 09:32 PM
If you really want to keep the speakers, I'll take the wife for a while and try retraining her.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/06/11 10:19 PM
I think that if I wasn't "hiding" the VP180 behind my screen, my wife would have a fit too. Then again, she eventually got over my big SVS cylinder sub...
Posted By: jakewash Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/06/11 11:05 PM
If you sell the M80s and VP180 through Axiom you could always put the Axiom bucks to a set of M22 and VP100 much, much smaller and still that very good Axiom sound, just with out the bass you presently get from the larger speakers but a good sub fills that in for the most part.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/06/11 11:39 PM
Personally, I'd go for M22 and VP150. I've tried both and the VP150 seems to match better than the VP100. But that may because I'm using the on-wall version of centers with bookcase M22'S.
Posted By: bdpf Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/07/11 01:31 AM
Or use the Axiom dollars towards a future VP160 wink
Posted By: HTGEEK Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/07/11 09:52 AM
I am going to look at a couple different options but I am not sure if I will go with another Axiom setup as of right now...
Posted By: Argon Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/07/11 11:50 AM
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
If you really want to keep the speakers, I'll take the wife for a while and try retraining her.

Shouldn't you ask for pics first?
Posted By: gtpsuper Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/07/11 08:55 PM
Yeah HTGEEK do not get the VP150, being the owner of a VP150 V2 I have become very disappointed with it. It hasn't aged well at all. It sounds "tinny" and "hollow" and no bass extension. I've played around with settings and positions and its just a bad center channel speakers. I've had it for 3 or 4 years now and its time to part ways with it. Its the only speaker i've had that Audessy can't figure out. Wish I could fit the VP180 or new 160 but just won't workout so I order a Arx A2 LCR gonna give that a try.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/07/11 09:13 PM
Agree that VP180 or VP160 would be a much better choice, but I'd take the VP150 over the VP100 any day. The VP100 has even less bass extension, and that was my point.
Posted By: gtpsuper Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/07/11 09:39 PM
If he has the VP180 now there would be no way he would be happy with either of them. I wish Axiom would totally redesign the VP150, maybe a tweeter in the middle with a pair of 5.25" woofers on both sides and a pair of ports on the back. The height and width would stay about the same and bass ext would be around 60-70hrz.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/07/11 10:20 PM
get the new vp160
Posted By: gtpsuper Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/07/11 10:44 PM
Too Tall, though about that
Posted By: jakewash Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/07/11 11:33 PM
My experience with the VP100 and 150 is that they are virtually the same as far as bass extension, the 150 only holds a marginal edge over the 100, really not alot of difference and it was tough to hear any difference as well. The bigger difference is the 150 will play louder. Either way after owning a VP180 I couldn't imagine going back to something with less FR for a center, luckily I do not own one, only borrowed one for a week.

I highly doubt you will find anything with small size that will work as well, best you can hope for is something less wide and taller like the VP160 should be. Its all about cabinet size and driver surface area and small for either one doesn't do it.

I would recommend the Paradigm Studio series centers although not what I would call small the CC590 is not huge nor overly tall and has good bass extension. IMO, it sounds very good, but does come with a pretty good price tag.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/07/11 11:47 PM
Mine's mounted in/on the wall. Ports would have to be forward facing.
Posted By: Cork Re: Selling Axiom speakers - 10/08/11 03:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Argon
Originally Posted By: CatBrat

Shouldn't you ask for pics first?

That's not the Axiom way. You have to send him your wife for 30 days. Then he can compare and send back the one he doesn't want.
© Axiom Message Boards