Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ya_basta New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/09/11 11:24 PM
Hey guys,

I currently have a 20" Sharp Aquos LCD in my bedroom, but I need to (and want to smile ) get a new TV.

This LCD is still working fine, and has served me well (8 years old and it's literally on every waking hour that I'm home), but it has had this annoying streak across the screen for almost two years, resulting from one of my caregivers cleaning it with Windex. So, I need some advice on the best technology for my environment.

Here's some pertinent info -

- My bed/viewing distance is about 12 feet.
- The bedroom is a bright room.
- There's a window three feet to the left of the TV.
- When I have visitors over, they view the TV from different angles, but nobody has ever said anything about degradation, so I don't think off axis viewing is an issue.

With that said, my current choice is a 40" Plasma. The two main caveats impacting my choice is possible glare and size (is 40" too big for that distance).

Oh, I also currently run coax from a modulator into my current LCD, so I'll have to get something (suggestions smile ) to convert the coax line into a compatible input on the new TV as coax inputs are pretty much obsolete.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cam

Here are two pictures taken from my perspective; just above my head (the computer monitor is swung to the side).

Cam, I don't know how much help this will be, but I think I'd be looking at an LCD because of the bright room and the fact that it's on so many hours (generally LCDs are better with your electric bill).

I'm very happy with my LG 55" and I'm looking towards two 32" LGs because of it!
Posted By: CatBrat Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/10/11 02:21 AM
So far, for off axis viewing. Visio seems to have the LCD panel for that.
Posted By: jakewash Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/10/11 02:54 AM
Coax inputs are still as popular as ever, my parents new 60" Sharp has them.

I would go with your 40" choice selection or even a 42". I have a 40" LCD in our bedroom and it works very well. Just be carefull which one you choose as I am seeing more LCD's with shiny screens, not good for glare in bright rooms.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/10/11 05:00 AM
Have you taken a microfiber damp (water) cloth and wiped the current tv, the streak might come off. My wife tried to clean a panny plasma once with windex and it left bad streaks, but on time with using the above method made it as new, just a thought.
Posted By: J. B. Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/10/11 01:13 PM
from a 12 ft. distance, any size tv will be ok.

try this calculator:http://myhometheater.homestead.com/viewingdistancecalculator.html
Posted By: terzaghi Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/10/11 01:29 PM
I would go with 42 or 46 inch. Due to brightness of room I'd stick with LCD.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/10/11 01:37 PM
I just noticed that the picture was taken when I had the TV tuned to the camera at my front door. It's good that it was because the worst part of the streak is very evident.

Mark, your point about power consumption is a great one, as I'm extremely parsimonious when it comes to my footprint.

Randy, we have tried to clean it off with your exact remedy but it didn't work for me (I'll get a caregiver to give it another, slightly more vigorous, wipe today). Thanks for the suggestion.

So an LCD (I'll check out Vizio. Thanks, Cat) with a matte finish to the screen (thanks, Jay) it is then, guys. Because I can't get up to go view possible candidates, do you guys know if there are specific brands that have a matte screen?

Thanks for the help.

Aside - I don't watch TV all hours of the day. I keep it on my camera all day unless I'm watching sports, Criminal Minds, CSI, Jeopardy, The Daily Show and the Colbert Report (all of which - with the exception to soccer - are broadcast in the evening) smile. I actually believe it's a pernicious tool (with a semblance of informative programming) that portrays a false sense of reality and corrupts the mind. That's just me...
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/10/11 01:41 PM
Originally Posted By: J. B.
from a 12 ft. distance, any size tv will be ok.

try this calculator:http://myhometheater.homestead.com/viewingdistancecalculator.html

Originally Posted By: terzaghi
I would go with 42 or 46 inch. Due to brightness of room I'd stick with LCD.

Thanks J.B and David. I'll check out that link and seriously consider a larger screen like a 46".....I like that idea.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/10/11 01:44 PM
Oh, what about an LED set? I really know nothing about them.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/10/11 01:56 PM
Full back-lit LED's have a better picture, whereas the edge-list LED's were the precursor to these with some visual abnormalities. But, you pay much more for the better quality. LED's provide better contrast and brighter colors (IMO), but purists would probably not go for the bling-bling.
Posted By: rvrrat Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/10/11 02:09 PM
I very much like the new Samsung 8000 series TV's. Despite what some people say about LED TV's I find the picture very natural. It can be set as bright as you like or it can be toned down. Looking at it in a store did not do it justice. In a home environment it is hands down the best picture I have seen to date. Just my thoughts. It is an edge lit set, but it has some type of local dimming also.
Originally Posted By: Powertothepeople
Mark, your point about power consumption is a great one, as I'm extremely parsimonious when it comes to my footprint.

I knew that. Matter of fact, I was wondering the other day, "I wonder which of my friends exhibit the most parsimoniousness?" and I thought of you.

Not to keep touting the LG, but having just gone through all this...

I chose the LG over the Vizio because it seems as though some models of the Vizio had QC problems (turning off on their own, etc) and I limited my choices to brands with less reflective screens. The LG got across-the-board good reviews, had a lower-glare screen (none are actually matte) and had local-dimming...which allows some of the LED back lights to turn off to give you deeper blacks....avoiding that "gray" black that used to plague LCDs.

Vizios also have a great picture and a non-glare screen but those QC issues concerned me.

Samsung and Sony had the most reflective screens.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/10/11 08:28 PM
My 2 year old Samsung has a Matte screen that's non-reflective. It must depend on the model.
Posted By: Joe_in_SC Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/10/11 11:04 PM
The current issue of PC World has HDTV ratings, and Visio is near the bottom of the list. LG is right at the top. I don't have personal experience with either brand. My TVs are Panasonic plasmas, which have excellent pictures in a darker room. If your room is very bright, LCD would seem like the better choice.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/10/11 11:12 PM
Wonder why Visio is near the bottom? Looking at the online PC WORLD HDTV Article.

Just some highlights from that article:

"In fact, we often notice more "juddering" (image artifacts created when fine patterns warp or vibrate on screen) in 240Hz sets than in 120Hz TVs"

"The top three sets nailed our image-quality tests. The Samsung UN46D8000 and the LG Infinia 47LW6500 did suffer from fine patterns in certain test scenes (a brick wall, for example, or a city skyline) vibrating slightly. The Sony Bravia 46HX820 had slightly lower scores in brightness and color, but delivered better de­­tail levels and handled the intricate-detail test scenes flawlessly. Overall, video on all three sets looked fantastic."

"The Infinia 50PZ950, LG's flagship plasma set, received color, detail, and brightness scores on a par with those of the top three, but it struggled in our motion tests: A scrolling movie clip of a seaside town looked choppy and vibrated a bit on the 50PZ950, while the other top sets rendered it smoothly."

"The Vizio XVT3D650SV, LG Infinia 47LW5600, and Samsung PN51D6500 all delivered generally good image quality but had a few additional minor flaws. The Vizio suffered from slightly muted color; the LG showed less contrast; and the Samsung showed more problems with detail and motion than the top three did."

Just based on this and a little more checking around. I'm liking the Sony Bravia 46HX820 edge-lit LED now. I was liking the Vizio 47 inch lcd because of panel and price. Price on that at Target is $700. The sony is around $1200.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/11/11 03:01 PM
Been doing some research and I'm liking the reviews of the LG 47LW6500 (it's an LED edge-lit LCD) and the LG 42LK550 (LCD).

I'm leaning towards the latter because it's half the price, has media streaming functionality, and standard LCD's apparently have a longer lifespan than LED edge-lit LCD's.

Whatcha' guys think?

Thanks
Posted By: jakewash Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 03:33 AM
How would anyone know how long LED displays last? They have only been out a few years and to my knowledge that notion contradicts everything ever said about anything LED; most LED items I know of have at least a 10yr warranty if not longer.
Posted By: CV Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 03:43 AM
Could be that it's LED in addition to LCD. That means one more thing that can break down, even if it tends to last longer when it's on its own.
Posted By: Murph Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 01:27 PM
Not much TV advice your you I'm afraid. I'm still waiting for my 46" Toshiba DLP to die. It's embarrassingly big for this day and age but it's still every bit as clear as the day I bought it. I'm certainly getting my moneys worth.

I do think you might max out at 42" up in the corner though. Anything else might just look too big aesthetically, if that is an issue.

On a side note, I won a free X-10 camera years ago when I was rigging up my old house with a bunch of X-10 stuff just for fun. I used it at the front door as well but I also had rigged up an X-10 controlled Nerf gun to it. It was mounted on the camera itself so you could aim it by panning the camera. I was able to make some tiny crosshairs on the lens out of cutting tiny strips of black tape and aligned them by firing against an old piece of plywood and noting where they hit on my screen image. Took a while to get right but it was accurate enough considering it was generally only 4 feet or so from people.

I'm thinking this sounds like something you need.

Posted By: BobKay Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 02:38 PM
Originally Posted By: SirQuack
Have you taken a microfiber damp (water) cloth and wiped the current tv, the streak might come off. My wife tried to clean a panny plasma once with windex and it left bad streaks, but on time with using the above method made it as new, just a thought.

If you ever do need to clean your flatscreen, go to a frame shop and ask to buy plexiglass cleaner. Some homestores have it next to their plexiglass sheets. Just don't spray it directly onto the screen.
Posted By: BobKay Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 02:41 PM
Cam, you used the word, "parsimonious" AND you have three pictures of Che all next to each other, like a shrine!

I becoming (more)concerned.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 02:50 PM
At least he doesn't have a candle in front of the shrine.
Posted By: J. B. Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 02:50 PM
i think the best cleaner that one could use on a flat panel and that will not leave any marks is demineralized water.
Humidify the microfiber cloth, but don't make it wet, and gently go over the dirty areas and then use a dry microfiber cloth.

it may not be the only one to not leave streaks, but it will cost very little.
Posted By: BobKay Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 02:54 PM
JB: That certainly sounds safe and, if it has worked for you, then it works as well. Plexi-spray does work, it's not an aerosol, and costs about $8.
Posted By: BobKay Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 02:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Ken.C

Ken, we didn't see the whole room. I'm betting there are Latino prayer candles to ward off conspiracies.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 03:22 PM

There's the candle. Pretend it's lit smile .

Thought I'd show my calendar hanging from my track lift, too grin . I do have more, but they reside on the other side of the room. Cool thing is they're all straight from Cuba (minus the big picture). My parents bring back a new calendar and various keepsakes each year!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 03:34 PM
Originally Posted By: jakewash
How would anyone know how long LED displays last? They have only been out a few years and to my knowledge that notion contradicts everything ever said about anything LED; most LED items I know of have at least a 10yr warranty if not longer.

Originally Posted By: CV
Could be that it's LED in addition to LCD. That means one more thing that can break down, even if it tends to last longer when it's on its own.

I just read that in a review, Jay. I have no idea, but Charles's postulation seems sound to me.
Posted By: J. B. Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 03:36 PM
According to very ancient traditions, incense is the preferred choice to chase away bad spirits and ghosts and whatever bad influences that may befall on someone or something, including dirty flat panels. in effect, it's a universal cleaner.

it has been used by christians since the roman times; they use it to purify the altar (to chase away bad spirits) where they perform sacrificial rites.
if it has worked for millenia, it should be very effective.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 03:39 PM
I don't believe there is any such thing as an LED display in the consumer space. What they are is LED illuminated (as opposed to flourescent) LCDs. There are LED displays, but they're generally used for outdoor signage, sports stadiums, etc.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 03:57 PM
I just read the article again and I apparently misread it.

It states "Plus you would also have to weigh in the anticipated problems behind the LG LK550 LCD TV since LED TV’s have a life for its display, since it depends on its fluorescent lighting in the back display rather than LED Lighting for the other models of LG." Link

Here's a response to the question of the longevity of a LCD vs LED-LCD.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 03:58 PM
Wow. What a poorly constructed sentence.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 03:59 PM
For those that don't actually know, it was the pre-Christ era that used the incense during their ceremonies. It represented the prayers of God's people. Any use after Christ was only by pagan or those groups that were an amalgamation of pagan with Christian groups.

(If you don't agree, then just consider this my opinion.)
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 04:00 PM
Originally Posted By: J. B.
According to very ancient traditions, incense is the preferred choice to chase away bad spirits and ghosts and whatever bad influences that may befall on someone or something, including dirty flat panels. in effect, it's a universal cleaner.

laugh
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 04:03 PM
Wow. What a poorly constructed sentence.

Yup.
You could build a TV from the extra parts within that sentence.
Posted By: BobKay Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 04:11 PM
Wow! Real TV advice AND a history of religious ritual all in one thread! Apparently, my attempts to elevate the discussions around here are working.

And FYI, Cam's candle IS a Latino worship candle.
I'm super impressed that it all actually comes from Cuba, but very disillusioned to learn that his parents are spies. They seemed to be such nice people!
Cam I just orderd an LG 55LW6500 it's due to be delivered today but when I checked at about 8 AM this morning it was still sitting on the dock in Phoenix. I decided on the LG after many hours of debate between the Sansung D8000 Sony KDL-55HX801P
and the LG 55LW6500. I have a bright window behind our seating area that throws significant glare on our current screen,the matte screen was a selling point for me along with the passive 3D. I was also able to get it for $1699.00 with no sales tax and free shipping from one of my favorites online vendors Newegg.com. If you are in no hurry to make a purchase I'll give you my impressions once I get it delivered and setup. I hope that is today or tomorrow because I have to be out of town the rest of the week.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 04:16 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
You could build a TV from the extra parts within that sentence.

laugh

Originally Posted By: BobKay
And FYI, Cam's candle IS a Latino worship candle.

Damn straight smile!

I'm super impressed that it all actually comes from Cuba, but very disillusioned to learn that his parents are spies. They seemed to be such nice people!

laugh
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 04:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Olderbutwiser
Cam I just orderd an LG 55LW6500 it's due to be delivered today but when I checked at about 8 AM this morning it was still sitting on the dock in Phoenix. I decided on the LG after many hours of debate between the Sansung D8000 Sony KDL-55HX801P
and the LG 55LW6500. I have a bright window behind our seating area that throws significant glare on our current screen,the matte screen was a selling point for me along with the passive 3D. I was also able to get it for $1699.00 with no sales tax and free shipping from one of my favorites online vendors Newegg.com. If you are in no hurry to make a purchase I'll give you my impressions once I get it delivered and setup. I hope that is today or tomorrow because I have to be out of town the rest of the week.

That would be very much appreciated, dude. Thanks so much.
Posted By: J. B. Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 04:21 PM
I'm always looking for the best sources of information...

;-)
Posted By: Murph Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 04:26 PM
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
For those that don't actually know, it was the pre-Christ era that used the incense during their ceremonies. It represented the prayers of God's people. Any use after Christ was only by pagan or those groups that were an amalgamation of pagan with Christian groups.

(If you don't agree, then just consider this my opinion.)

Not disagreeing but Catholics still us it regularly in specific masses/ceremonies. Would this not count as 'not- pagan' and 'post Christ'..... or..... do you consider the Roman Catholic religion to fall into the "amalgamation of pagan with Christian groups" category, to which there is certainly historic arguability if one wishes to go there.

Just curious and I'm speaking historically only here. I'm not referring to, nor trying to incite, a discussion on religious belief.
I will post a review as soon as possible for you.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 04:28 PM
Olderbutwiser, here's an excellent review of the 47LW6500. Although all displays are different, the calibration settings may be useful to you.
I can't read it...it looks like Latin.

Oh, wait. That's your SIG line. No Linky!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 04:41 PM
I can't read it...it looks like Latin.

Oh, wait. That's your SIG line. No Linky!

Oops!

Here ya go smile . Linky
Posted By: BobKay Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 04:44 PM
All religions come from parts of previous ones. All "new" things come from parts of old things.

Catholics don't have multiple gods to pray to for a safe journey, or to get well, but we have saints for that.

It's a dialectic spiral, or ontogeny recapitaultes philogeny.

A culture is but a few people upon whose shoulders the rest of the populace stands and builds.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 04:51 PM
I especially include the Catholic religion in the pagan and Christian amalgamation. All other Christian denominations are just a branch off of the Catholic religion over disputes.

In a study of the Catholic rites, you will find parallels from pagan worship, that are not rooted in either the old or new testaments of the bible. I could go on-and-on, but I'll spare everybody my rantings. (You're welcome.)
Wow, the way you guys hijacked this thread towards religion.... I dunno...I'm impressed and genuflect before you all.
Posted By: BobKay Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 06:20 PM
That's the cool thing about Camthreads. Ya just never know where they're gonna go.

Everyone knows that you can't post a pic here without everyone commenting on all of the other things that are not about the reason for the photo.

Now there's a bad sentence!

Refresh!

Whichever TV you choose, I hope you are thrilled with your selection, Cam.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 06:56 PM
I believe you just Camthreaded a Camthread.
Posted By: Murph Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 07:04 PM
A culture is but a few people upon whose shoulders the rest of the populace stands and builds.

I like that Bob. I Googled it to see who's quote it was but it's too long a phrase to nail it down in a short time.

I therefore will consider it another noteworthy Bobism.
Posted By: BobKay Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 08:24 PM
I don't know about noteworthy, but I always give credit. It was an academic paraphrase of "standing on the shoulders of giants." That one, Murph, Koogle says you can Google.

You can do it, too! Just spend more than a decade writing 50-page grant proposals to the most arcane of institutions, asking that they pay for you to do something that THEY think is arcane.

They're suckers for a philosphical postulate, as long as you combine the words "community," "under-served," and "enrich." "Minority" don't hurt, neither.

Oops! Sorry. Back to bedroom advice for Cam.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/12/11 09:31 PM
I want Murph to do my home security/surveillance system.
Cam sorry it has taken so long to give you my impressions of the LG 55LW6500. I didn't recieve it until Friday night Dec.16th because it sat on a dock in Phoenix for over a week. Apparently CEVA Logistics only has one truck per week that comes to Yuma. OK first of all we have gone from a 32 inch Samsung LCD display to the 55 inch LED/LCD. It reminds me of when I changed from a 19 inch PC monitor to a 30 inch one. It takes a little while for your eyes to adjust to the larger display. I haven't had a great deal of time to really explore all the features but I will say that Hidef broadcasts are very detailed, the color is excellent and the blacks are black. The matte screen does work well in the bright room and has significantly reduced the glare we get if we have the drapes open in the daytime. I watched several football games over the weekend and they looked fantastic, delivering clear crisp images. We(the wife and I) watched HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PT 1 and we both thought the video quality was outstanding. Of course hearing the soundtrack on our Axiom system made it even more enjoyable. The smart TV is very easy to use. The wand motion controller is very cool but it lacks a QWERTY keyboard so if you are using the web browser you have to point and click on each letter to type. You can however create favorites for sites you visit often so that helps. I watched one 3D demo just to see how it lookes, the depth, color and brightness seemed good to me. Do not base any decision on the 3D quality by me as I have very limited 3D experience. Being able to stream audio, video and pictures from our server is really cool too. I am an amatuer photographer so it will be really nice to navigate to folders on the network and do slide shows in the theater room. All in all I am very pleased with our purchase and having a large screen display adds greatly to our home theater experience.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/19/11 06:48 PM
Thanks, dude. I was awaiting your review smile . I'll have to drop down to the LW5600 because there isn't a 42" model in the 6500 series.

I've looked at A LOT of reviews and haven't come across one of these LED sets that don't have quite a few uniform user complaints (poor CS regardless of the brand is all too common, but not entirely surprising, I guess). On Future Shop's and Best Buy's website, Sony TV's easily have the most amount of reviews with the highest rating average.

I'm really undecided, but it looks like it's either LG or Sony confused .

Thanks again, it's greatly appreciated. I'm happy you're happy smile .
Posted By: JohnK Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/20/11 02:42 AM
Sony.
Posted By: jakewash Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/20/11 04:34 AM
I've always said that when you look into all the TV's out there you can find some sort of issue with all of them, it usually comes down to which one you like the look of and can afford. I also tend to put some emphasis on the CS side of the reviews just in case something ever goes wrong.
Posted By: Murph Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/20/11 01:15 PM
Originally Posted By: JohnK
Sony.

Hey John, I've always felt that strictly feature wise, most Sony products seem to provide less features for more dollars when compared with similar product lines. Care to elaborate?

Not arguing at all, I really know nothing about TVs. Since it is rare that you recommend anything without detailed elaboration, I'm curious to know if this is based on thoughts/experience regarding build quality, picture, etc.?
Posted By: Murph Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/20/11 01:16 PM
[Edit] Oops, double posted somehow.
I dismissed Sony because they have reflective screens.

My LG is a 55LW5600 and it's been great.
Posted By: Murph Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/20/11 01:40 PM
You figured you have enough reflection on your ceiling?
Posted By: BobKay Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/20/11 03:02 PM
I dismissed Sony because they have reflective screens.

My LG is a 55LW5600 and it's been great.

If you got the Sony and angled it correctly, you could have watched afternoon TV AND seen the relfections of the Catholic school girls walking home----- without moving your head. Missed opportunity, I'd say.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/20/11 05:06 PM
I just bought the LG 42LW5700. I got it on sale for $899 from Dell.

Here's hoping it's problem free and I don't have another experience like I did with Samsung.
Posted By: jakewash Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/21/11 03:14 PM
You did receive some pretty bad CS from Samsung.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: New TV for my bedroom advice please. - 12/21/11 04:19 PM
Yes I did, dude.

Just got my TV and wall mount delivered! They're both sitting at the foot of my bed and I'm lying here admiring the boxes.

My mom is thankfully on her way, so at least my caregiver and her will get the TV on a table so I can watch it, but it probably won't be wall mounted until the weekend because my dad is busy with his business, and my best friend is out west frown .

I've thought about temporarily using my current 20" Sharp TV mount - here , but my new LG exceeds the maximum size and weight specifications.
Cam I hope you are as happy with your LG 42LW5700 as I am with my LG 55LW6500. I sit mesmerized by the PQ. It kind of reminds me of the first time I listened to my M80s. I sat there hearing sound that I had never heard from my CDs and DVDs before. I just couldn't get up and leave the room. Same thing with this display I just can't seem to get enough of it. Then of course reality hits and I realize that I really do need to keep my job for a few more years. My advice on wall mounting it is to be patient and get a mount that handles the weight and size of your display, you don't want it jumpimg off the wall and committing suicide.
© Axiom Message Boards