Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MC1 Wire management and labeling - 08/08/03 02:22 PM
Having just set up my system, I've got a disorganized bunch of wires coming out the back of my audio cabinet. I wanted to know what other people use to label and manage the multitude of wires from an A/V receiver.

Cable ties, velcro tie wraps, wiring organizers/clips? And for labeling, I was thinking of getting a "P Touch" labeler such as the one here: http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/Sku.asp?PageType=1&Sku=457467

I'd appreciate any feedback the group can offer.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Wire management and labeling - 08/08/03 04:44 PM
That labeler should work pretty well, though I'd be sure to use a very soft tape so that it can easily be folded around the wire.

Personally, I prefer the rat nest approach.
Posted By: sushi Re: Wire management and labeling - 08/09/03 11:09 PM
Don't know about wild rats, but experimental rats make a very neat nest in their cage when given some thick paper materials.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Wire management and labeling - 08/09/03 11:48 PM
Yes, but they've been genetically engineered to do so.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Wire management and labeling - 08/10/03 07:16 AM
I don't believe that is true. I had two pet rats a few years ago. They are naturally neat creatures when it comes to their sleeping area (other than the fact they like to pee a little in their beds to make them smell like home...)
Posted By: JohnK Re: Wire management and labeling - 08/10/03 07:44 AM
Just kidding sushi about his mastery of his mice; I'm sure you're right.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Wire management and labeling - 08/10/03 07:52 AM
I take any excuse to dispense what feeble knowlege I posess.
Posted By: BigEd Re: Wire management and labeling - 08/11/03 06:09 AM
A good electronics supply store will have or can order several products. My favorite is a roll of double-sided Velcro. Cut a short length to wrap around the cables with a couple extra inches for overlap. The Velcro sticks to itself. Very neat; and reusable, too.
© Axiom Message Boards