Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BrokenHalo83 EPZero question - 01/06/12 05:23 AM
I'm considering getting a set of audiobytes for my computer audio. I'm going to want to add a subwoofer as well. Mostly listen to music on my computer. Is the EPzero up powerful enough at low and and higher volumes? I like the rumble from the low bass, not the punch in the chest type bass
Posted By: jakewash Re: EPZero question - 01/06/12 05:49 AM
The Audiobytes are great little speakers. I haven't heard an EPzero so I have no idea what one is like but I have heard the Audiobytes with an older good quality sub and it was a great little system. You could always try one out and if you do not like it you can always return it and add another sub of your choice.
Posted By: Kruncher Re: EPZero question - 01/06/12 05:49 AM
I have no personal experience with the EP Zero (nor the Audiobytes), but I found this comment from one of the PC World sites both relevant and useful:

"Dual 6.5in drivers in the subwoofer allow response to be somewhat uniform. The end result of this is that bass response is tight rather than booming. If you’re looking for a bass-heavy system you might want to look elsewhere, but if you can appreciate a system that exposes nuance and detail within music then this could be the right option."
Posted By: Ken.C Re: EPZero question - 01/06/12 01:58 PM
The EP0 will not give you rumble. You'll get more bass, but if you want rumble, you'll need a powered sub. It's a very small speaker/sub; it really rounds out the sound more than adds really low bass.
Posted By: Jc Re: EPZero question - 01/06/12 02:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Kruncher
I have no personal experience with the EP Zero (nor the Audiobytes), but I found this comment from one of the PC World sites both relevant and useful:

"Dual 6.5in drivers in the subwoofer allow response to be somewhat uniform. The end result of this is that bass response is tight rather than booming. If you’re looking for a bass-heavy system you might want to look elsewhere, but if you can appreciate a system that exposes nuance and detail within music then this could be the right option."

Hi,
The EP Zero has changed configuration and shape since then; it does not employ dual 6.5 woofers anymore; only a single one. The bass quality is still its forte over quantity and extension and it is more powerful than it used to be. As you mentined "I like the rumble from the low bass" then you might want to consider an independent more powerful subwoofer for "rumble" with exceptional musical deep bass. My colleague Brent uses an EP400.
Posted By: fredk Re: EPZero question - 01/07/12 01:17 AM
It does have a -3db point of 35Hz, which is very good for a 6.5" driver. I can't imagine you will get very loud on a single driver that size though.
© Axiom Message Boards