Axiom Home Page
Hey guys,

I've got a question regarding my speakers sounding a bit high pitched in certain scenes of movies. Does anyone have the same issue? I'm not sure how to exactly describe it, but it's high pitched enough to make me cover my ears. Sort of screechy and usually ends when a scene shifts from one to the next.

I've read articles indicating that these speakers tend to be brighter than others, but I don't have a problem with the high pitch sounds when playing music.

I usually play my movies from my computer. Is this possibly a cause of the problem?

Thanks in advance!

fLuid
I am not tech savvy enough to comment on the computer being the cause, but I would try a scene where you note the issue, then play the same scene from the source disk where it was originally ripped from on the BR or DVD player. That should help put your investigation in the right direction.
Originally Posted By: b7fLuid
...it's high pitched enough to make me cover my ears. Sort of screechy and usually ends when a scene shifts from one to the next.

fLuid

Based on that description I'd say there's no way it's the speakers. It's more than likely the source file or some property of the source file that your audio decoder doesn't like.

Hook up another speaker if you have one available and you should hear the same screech.

I too would say it's the source. Try the same movie directly from a DVD player and see if it happens.
People that rip music with lots of compression (to save space) often mention this same issue, but lossless tracks sound great. I would guess it has to be the source. Have you tried the same movies played on an actual DVD player?
Hey guys,

so after reading some/all of your posts, I've come to the conclusion that my problem solving skills aren't as good as they used to be.

The answer was staring me in the face but I didn't even think to consider it. I've got an extra set of speakers lying around (i.e. right next to my M80's) so all I needed to do was swap speakers to see if I got the same high pitched sound, and wouldn't you know it, I did so it can't possibly be the speakers as some of you already suggested.

Sometimes I wonder about myself. Thanks again for the quick replies!

fLuid
Great troubleshooting, sometimes a simple test is often overlooked, we all do it. smile
© Axiom Message Boards