Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Mbwun How far from wall should M60s be placed? - 04/25/12 02:22 PM
I was curious as to whether there was a standard distance from the wall the M60s should be placed.

What do you guys suggest?
Every room is different as far as dimensions, size, etc... One good practice is to make sure the distance from the front wall to the driver on the speaker is different than the distance from the side walls to the driver center. If you are limited on room size, experiment to see what sounds better. The closer you have it to the front wall, the more bass enhancement you might get. I would suggest trying to leave 2-4" min if possible. My M80's are about 6" off the wall.
Posted By: dakkon Re: How far from wall should M60s be placed? - 04/25/12 03:29 PM
Off the top of my head, i think my M60's are 13" from the wall.
Posted By: JohnK Re: How far from wall should M60s be placed? - 04/26/12 12:47 AM
Mb,there's no standard distance. Having the back port a few inches from the wall is enough "breathing room". As Randy indicated, the distances from the center of the woofer cones to the three nearest room surfaces(floor, back wall, side wall)should be unequal, so that room reflections don't pile up at the same frequencies.
Posted By: dakkon Re: How far from wall should M60s be placed? - 04/26/12 02:08 AM
http://www.wilsonaudio.com/pdf/manual_soph2.pdf

Start reading at page 15, different manufacture but the set up and physics of sound waves is the same.
© Axiom Message Boards