Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Nitsud Lfr1100 - 05/20/12 09:43 AM
Just sold my m80s and denon receiver, to a good home. I'm making the jump to the lfr1100s. I'm going to run them with a xpa-2 500 2channel amp on each speaker. I'm wondering what i should get for my receiver /processor.

I was looking into the xmc-1 through emotiva. Any thoughtsthoughts or better ways to drop 1500$ on the
receiver processor?

also my m80s v3 I sold for $1000 should i have gotten more? I only had them for a year

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Lfr1100 - 05/20/12 01:36 PM
That's not a terrible price for the M80s. I would probably look at a receiver to use as a pre/pro; you just get more for your dough.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Lfr1100 - 05/20/12 01:38 PM
I think you did pretty good if you had a standard finish. There is a Marantz pre pro for around 1500 bucks that a lot of people like(I have never used one).
Posted By: Nitsud Re: Lfr1100 - 05/20/12 02:21 PM
Any thoughts on the anthem line? I'm not sure of price bit have heard they are the cats meow. Or what other options do i have for a pre pro?
Posted By: Wid Re: Lfr1100 - 05/20/12 02:59 PM

Instead of a high dollar processor I'd look into a receiver with preouts that has all the bells and whistles you're looking for. I imagine it would be cheaper with more features for the $$$$.
Posted By: mrspeeed Re: Lfr1100 - 05/20/12 03:39 PM
Thats a lot of power. Very nice!
Posted By: Nitsud Re: Lfr1100 - 05/20/12 04:01 PM
Originally Posted By: mrspeeed
Thats a lot of power. Very nice!

U bet im sure I won't be disappointed.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Lfr1100 - 05/20/12 05:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Nitsud
Any thoughts on the anthem line? I'm not sure of price bit have heard they are the cats meow. Or what other options do i have for a pre pro?

Anthems are ok, but they are going to be about 5k+$$... are you going to run RCA outs or XLR'S? i would get the onkyo processor, it has both XLR and RCA, if you wanted something with a bit better build quality you could get the integra....

I am going to mirror what the others have said, i would not spend a boat load of cash on a processor... I have a Krell HTS 7.1, which retailed for 9,000$+ when new (i bought mine used)... I will not be buying another krell processor.. I will most likely be buying the integra product. I though about the marantz, i have owned their stuff in the past, but the integra/onkyo have more features. From now on, i think i will limit the amount that i spend on a processor to around the 2,500$ and below range, i personally can not justify spending the extra money that the high end names want.. Granted the build quality on the Krell is phenomenal, all machined aluminium, nothing stamped which i really like.. But, for the price premium, at this point i would rather invest the extra cash because i can not really "hear, or see" a big difference... When i got the Krell, it was replacing a NAD, and at the time my roomate said that he could not tell any difference between the two processors...

With the anthem, you have to pay extra for the mic ect i think... I did some reading about them... I seem to remember having to pay for something with the Anthem product that was included by everyone else...

acessories4less has the onkyo processor fr 1,549$$..
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-s...rocessor/1.html

Here is a NAD T175HD for 1,699$, they also have the T187, but that is 3,000$
http://www.spearitsound.com/Products-Surround_Pre_Pros.html

I have bought products from both of the above companies, and would buy from them again.. When spearit sound had a store in Boston, i would go there and look at the stuff they had and just B.S, for an hour or two.. They are a good bunch of guys. Accessories 4 less is quite popular with people on the forum.

Between the Onkyo and NAD, if you were going to use RCA's, then i personally would choose the NAD, NAD in my opinion is a better built product than Onkyo. However, the Onkyo will most likely have more features....

Good luck.
Posted By: Nitsud Re: Lfr1100 - 05/30/12 02:45 PM
Another question to upgrading to the lfr1100s, what can I do with my m80s? Where can I use them in my setup? Able to use the two of them as centers?
Posted By: Nitsud Re: Lfr1100 - 05/30/12 02:53 PM
Guy backed out due to money issues so keeping them.
Posted By: Nitsud Re: Lfr1100 - 05/30/12 02:54 PM
Also decided integra either dtr80. 3 or the dhc80. 3
© Axiom Message Boards