Axiom Home Page
Posted By: billy p Transferable Warranty - 05/24/12 01:53 AM
I have a buyer pending for my W22's and W2 the speakers are about 1 yr old. The perspective buyer would like to know if the speakers are still covered under the current warranty....I would assume they are covered and how do I go about completing this switch....will my invoice suffice & still cover the speakers or him?

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreicated... smile

Thanks...Bill

Ps: I have contacted Axiom but haven't heard back yet and he'll be coming over this weekend.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Transferable Warranty - 05/24/12 02:05 AM
Billy, as stated here , the warranty applies only to the original purchaser.
Posted By: billy p Re: Transferable Warranty - 05/24/12 02:51 AM
Exactly what I was looking for...except not the answer I was hoping for frown. I've recommended to him he should have a listen first and why he is coming over this weekend. They worked flawlessly for me....so I can't see any issues and him not liking these speakers. Besides I'm giving him a really good deal for the 3 speakers....but I plan on keeping my Q's for a long time to come.

Thanks...
Posted By: JohnK Re: Transferable Warranty - 05/24/12 02:55 AM
Bill, you might suggest to him that once a speaker has successfully passed its initial use period, it's highly unlikely to fail for a very long time, unless it's abused(which wouldn't be covered by a warranty).
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Transferable Warranty - 05/24/12 03:23 AM
Yep,unfortunately Axiom does not cover the warranty if transfer of ownership within the 5yrs. Many other mfg's of amps and speakers allow this within the period. It can be a good thing for the manufacturer as it not only looks good, but can generate future sales, and is a good selling point. As long as the mfg date and serial# checkout, I don't see an issue. jm2c
© Axiom Message Boards