Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ravi_singh anyone selling TV, DVD player, or VCR? - 08/19/03 04:40 PM
I'm looking for all or any of these three items. I don't want good stuff because I don't have money for good stuff.

let me know if you have any of these THAT ARE STILL FUNCTIONAL

thanks!

crowchild7@yahoo.ca
Posted By: BigWill Re: anyone selling TV, DVD player, or VCR? - 08/20/03 03:32 AM
I have a number of spare TVs and I'm looking to get rid of one - you can take your pick. But you're back east aren't you? Might be cost prohibitive to ship from Cal.
too far!

sorry

I'm in Montreal
Ravi... should I be worried?

None of these things are very expensive anymore.

Future Shop (not the cheapest place to buy anything) in Canada is offering free shipping on inexpensive DVD players (Apex $60 to Sony $150) and VCRs (Citizen $80 to JVC $100).

Almost any other electronics store will easily beat their prices.

Adimittedly you often have to try 2 o3 three Apex's before you find one that actually works but it can be done.

Try pawn shops, sometimes you can get better quality at a good price.

Are you looking for short term throw-away equipment or good quality/good price that you can keep for a while?

take care.

i'm looking for short-term stuff.

i'd try pawn shops but they are bad karma - they often sell stolen goods.
Posted By: MIKEY Re: anyone selling TV, DVD player, or VCR? - 08/21/03 10:16 PM
Check discount houses, like Sams Club, Costco, Wallmart, or whatever you have like that up there.. They all have TV - DVD combo units for under 200.. Some even close to 100 bucks.. I've seen Tv/Dvd/Vcr combo's at Home Depot of all places ! Good hunting..
Posted By: DanTana Re: anyone selling TV, DVD player, or VCR? - 08/22/03 01:30 AM
Ravi, I just picked up a demo model Philips 32" PIP TV with component inputs at the Goodwill for 200.00. It had been donated by Target and worked great, only thing is I didn't get a remote or manuals with it, but I d/l the manuals and Philips sent me a remote free of charge!!! That's what I call customer service. I wanted a Philips HDTV too, but found another demo deal I couldn't pass up.
© Axiom Message Boards