Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV Bluetooth portable speaker system recommendations - 04/09/13 05:32 AM
My mom is tempted to spend $260 on the Bose Bluetooth speaker system at Costco, though she's willing to hear out other recommendations. Does anyone here have any suggestions to make? Do you own some you're happy with? Thanks for any input you have!
Jambox seems good. I heard an Oontz recently and will probably spend the $69 on one of those pretty soon.
Oh yeah, I was reading about the Jawbone JAMBOX the other day, I thought to myself, "if I were to ever waste money on a BT speaker that I'd never use, this would be the one I'd buy."
I use an HMDX Jam bluetooth speaker for my android phone, I can't believe the good sound this thing pumps out for under $40. Lots of output, and even great low frequencies, compared to the other junk I've tested.
My wife has the Bose Soundock(not the same I know) and she really likes. I find it doesn't have the clarity I am accustomed to from the Axiom's but it seems to have a SQ with not too much high end and reasonable lows, for her it is all she wants including small size, portable and battery operated if required. I don't hate it and I think that says something.

I've been reasonably impressed by the Samsung wireless sound docks.

A link to the cheaper version

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/home-theater/DA-E570/ZA
I appreciate the feedback, guys. There sure are a lot of options. I recommended the Logitech UE 984-000298 Mobile Boombox Bluetooth Speaker and Speakerphone because of the Wired shootout I read, but we'll see what she ends up with. I figured I'd try to save her money this time around. Great sound quality would be nice, but I think the general usability is going to be equally, if not more, important in a device like this. I may get her a swankier one in the future.
© Axiom Message Boards