Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Bayne Replacing Speaker Grilles - 04/18/13 06:19 PM
Just being proactive here. We have recently added a new kitten to our family and after seeing it rip around the house like it was on speed, was wondering how difficult it would be to replace the speaker grilles on my Axiom's if needed? I have v2 M60's and an EP500, and a VP160. I imagine I'd be able to purchase a new grille for the VP160, but since the attachments have changed since the v2's, was wondering what I'd do in case of feline attack.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Replacing Speaker Grilles - 04/18/13 06:31 PM
Hey, Bayne, good to see you.

I got nuthin'. Sorry.

Don't see how anyone except Axiom could help you with this.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Replacing Speaker Grilles - 04/18/13 06:58 PM
Spray the grills with something that smells good (to us). Cat's hate that.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Replacing Speaker Grilles - 04/18/13 07:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Bayne
was wondering what I'd do in case of feline attack.

Don't see how anyone except CatBrat could help you with this.

Oooops. Never mind. I was wrong.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Replacing Speaker Grilles - 04/19/13 05:26 AM
I would imagine as long as the grill "buttons" are in one piece and it is just the material that is torn you could easily have new fabric stretched across the old frames. If the frames themselves are broken you are out of luck.
Posted By: Murph Re: Replacing Speaker Grilles - 04/19/13 12:44 PM
Of our last 4 cats (two at a time) none have ever seemed to have taken an interest in speaker grills. I always leave them on so they don't get near the driver material.

They do however, like to hide toys in subwoofer ports. <insert angry emote here>
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Replacing Speaker Grilles - 04/19/13 02:19 PM
My one cat has never attacked my speaker grills. (Good Kitty). But I don't think I'd trust a kitten.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Replacing Speaker Grilles - 04/20/13 03:24 AM
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
My one cat has never attacked my speaker grills. (Good Kitty). But I don't think I'd trust a kitten.

Especially kittens with van dykes.

Those are the evil ones.
© Axiom Message Boards