Axiom Home Page
Posted By: enzo60 waterproof shower speakers - 08/08/13 02:59 AM
I want music in the shower. The plan is to put small waterproof cube speakers—or a good sounding "waterproof speaker device" (*spit*)—on the shelf in the shower, and hook into AirTunes/iTunes. Thus, I am in dire need of a recommendation for small waterproof cube speakers, or "speaker device". (The mini-amp, if needed, will be a later question.)

Thanks!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: waterproof shower speakers - 08/08/13 04:06 AM
You want them in the shower? Is your shower fully enclosed, floor to ceiling, or is there a gap above the curtain/door? If so, you could mount the speakers near the ceiling outside the shower and not have to worry about them being waterproof.
Posted By: JohnK Re: waterproof shower speakers - 08/08/13 06:27 AM
Enzo, welcome(we've been anxiously waiting seven years to hear from you!). I don't have many recommendations for the speakers you describe(something like this , or I like Peter's idea, if it's feasible), but several appropriate musical selections, once you're set up, come to mind. Obviously Handel's "Water Music" should be featured, along with Debussy's "La Mer". More to come.
Posted By: enzo60 Re: waterproof shower speakers - 08/08/13 11:53 AM
Thanks JohnK... I registered on the forum when I was 15, haha. A young Axiom owner I was.

I'm renting so they can't be ceiling mounted. Hence I will have to place them on the shelf. There is a gap above the door so they could conceivably hang on the glass, but that would limit stereo enjoyment.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: waterproof shower speakers - 08/08/13 12:30 PM
How much time do you spend in the shower?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: waterproof shower speakers - 08/08/13 12:46 PM
I was kind of thinking that rushing water is not going to be conducive to stereo enjoyment in any case...
Posted By: alan Re: waterproof shower speakers - 08/08/13 04:57 PM
Kind of like old-fashioned tape hiss or groove noise!
Posted By: Murph Re: waterproof shower speakers - 08/08/13 06:41 PM
Groove noise in the shower is definitely something you want to avoid. The smell lingers way too long.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: waterproof shower speakers - 08/08/13 07:04 PM
Given the overwhelming amount of ambient noise and inability to do a ceiling-mount, I'd just set something on a convenient, nearby flat surface and turn it up.

How about the Oontz? A friend of mine has one, and I'm pretty impressed with it.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: waterproof shower speakers - 08/08/13 07:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Murph
Groove noise in the shower is definitely something you want to avoid. The smell lingers way too long.

Also try to avoid Pooh bears.
Posted By: Andrew Re: waterproof shower speakers - 08/08/13 08:26 PM
Kohler recently introduced this:

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Moxie%22-Showerhead-+-Wireless-Speaker/content/CNT16200089.htm

If you're expecting Hi-Fi...ummm...well I won't pass judgement as I've not heard it, but physics is physics. smile
Posted By: enzo60 Re: waterproof shower speakers - 08/08/13 10:42 PM
CatBrat- as much as possible.

alan & others- Indeed, I have grown used to the noise. But my usual method of loud volume is no longer possible because 1) the shower is enclosed and 2) I'm in a building so I'll get complaints if I blast the volume. Thus, the only solution is speakers in the shower!

andrew- That is very cool!...I will check it out. thanks.
Posted By: JohnK Re: waterproof shower speakers - 08/09/13 01:49 AM
Yeah Ken, but I've read about guys(on other forums)who can hear a "huge" difference between cables and speaker wire in the living room while using the shower or hair dryer in the bathroom!
Posted By: enzo60 Re: waterproof shower speakers - 08/09/13 04:36 PM
tomtuttle- thanks, I will check out the OontZ as well.
© Axiom Message Boards