Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rockhound76s VP180 Owners - Height when inverted? - 12/26/13 07:16 PM
Hello. First time poster, although I've owned my V3 Epic Grand Master system since mid-2011.

I may be upgrading my center to the VP180 as the system is primarily used for blu-ray movies and HD audio content in a mostly dedicated theater room (80% movies, 20 % music blu rays), and I'm intrigued by adding impact to the all-important center channel.

I have a specific question regarding the height of the VP180 when inverted/tilted position. I know the height in the standard upright position is 9.25", but the inverted height should be a fraction of an inch shorter. Would anyone owner be wiling to give me an accurate measurement of that dimension?

For reference, below is a pic of my inverted VP150, which shows the height dimension I'm seeking.
VP150 Inverted Height

The purpose of all this is to ensure that the top of the speaker doesn't obstruct line of sight to my projection screen.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted By: JohnK Re: VP180 Owners - Height when inverted? - 12/27/13 03:25 AM
Rock, welcome. You're correct that the height dimension that you're questioning would be slightly lower when inverted. If no VP180 owner sees this and provides an actual measurement, I'd think that the slightly greater reduction that would occur with it could be estimated with adequate accuracy simply by adding 1 1/2" to that dimension on your VP150.
Thanks, I calculated it to be 8.75", which would be perfect if it's correct. The reason I had a doubt was because in looking at the side view pic on the vp180 web page, I noticed the cabinet proportions were different than the vp150 so my math may be off.

Anyway, I took the plunge and ordered one from the factory outlet. Hopefully it works out. Thanks for listening...
Hey rockhound, I came up with 9.125 inches when I measured my VP-180.
/Jeff
Thanks for measuring, looks like its a bit taller than I thought-- not much difference between normal/inverted position.

I'm going to hold off and experiment a bit more with positioning of the vp150 for now,.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: VP180 Owners - Height when inverted? - 12/29/13 11:26 PM
can't you just raise your screen
I know, seems simple enough to raise the screen, but without getting into the reasons why my screen and viewing distance are fixed at this point, so the 180 would obstruct line of sight at the bottom of the screen for the first row of seats. I may be able to accommodate a 180 down the road if I choose to replace my av cabinet under the screen, but that's not happening anytime soon.

But, I did pull out the 150 from out of the cabinet and placed it on top instead, and angled it a bit more precisely with rubber feet and it's much, much better than before. So, I think I've found a happy medium.
© Axiom Message Boards