Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bluray Subwoofer setting- subsonic filter - 03/22/14 09:12 PM
Why would one want this setting ON?
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Subwoofer setting- subsonic filter - 03/22/14 10:03 PM
I believe that it was originally designed to filter out low frequency rumble from the turntable/vinyl days.

I understand that SACDs can have some content down there that you might not want to hear especially during recording of live concerts; however, I play a lot of SACDs & I've never experienced that so I leave my filter OFF...

TAM
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Subwoofer setting- subsonic filter - 03/23/14 04:28 AM
I have that setting on my new amp I just purchased for my older EP600, I would love to get some more insight to this switch on this new amp?
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Subwoofer setting- subsonic filter - 03/23/14 05:09 PM
From the Owners's Manual that I vaguely remember reading when I acquired my EP400s:

Subsonic: Setting this switch to “ON” inserts a 20-Hz cut-off filter in the subwoofer’s bass response to prevent the subwoofer from reproducing frequencies below 20 Hz, which may include rumble from studio air conditioning, subways or other undesirable artifacts. If you play vinyl discs from a turntable, set this switch to “ON” to prevent the subwoofer from reproducing turntable rumble and low-frequency record-warp anomalies.
Leave this switch set to “OFF” for all other digital recordings and DVD sound tracks that contain ultra-deep bass frequencies you want the subwoofer to accurately reproduce.

TAM
© Axiom Message Boards