Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bray Wall mounting M22???? - 01/17/16 07:05 PM
Have any of you guys wall mounted M22s? If so,give me your impressions of stability and sound quality. (being that hey are so close to the wall)I just bought an older home with plaster walls and the layout of the living room really doesn't lend itself to my current M60 towers.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Wall mounting M22???? - 01/17/16 07:23 PM
I believe that the on-wall M22s are bottom ported like the on-wall M3s that I have. That helps them since they are on the wall, but I know that you are concerned about other audio "boundary" issues since the speaker plane is so close to the wall plane. Can't speak to the M22s, but I really like my M3s... I have them for surround duty right now though, so they aren't primary speakers either...

So I guess I have no actual helpful information for you, but at least you have a response to your post. LOL
Posted By: CV Re: Wall mounting M22???? - 01/17/16 09:27 PM
I think bray may have been talking about normal M22s mounted to the wall? I'd also be curious about this since I may do that for surrounds when I move to object-based audio.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Wall mounting M22???? - 01/18/16 03:06 PM
i have used (still using) full metal bracket for M22s. Works great. Make sure you are either on a stud or on other sturdy support. You can conveniently orient the speaker vertically and horizontally after the bracket is screwed to the wall.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Wall mounting M22???? - 01/20/16 12:26 AM
Plaster? Can you even mount things on plaster? (Yes, I DO live in the suburbs on the west coast).

I was thinking about using the 7842 mount from Monoprice.

Posted By: nickbuol Re: Wall mounting M22???? - 01/20/16 02:24 AM
Originally Posted By CV
I think bray may have been talking about normal M22s mounted to the wall? I'd also be curious about this since I may do that for surrounds when I move to object-based audio.

Oops.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Wall mounting M22???? - 01/24/16 03:34 AM
When I had my M22's they were not wall mounted but were placed very close to the wall, about the same distance the FMB would keep them, they sound great, you get a little extra low end reinforcement with them closer to the wall.
Posted By: bray Re: Wall mounting M22???? - 01/25/16 06:13 PM
Thanks for the advice guys!I'm going to be pulling the trigger on some M22s soon I suppose. smile
© Axiom Message Boards