Axiom Home Page
Posted By: cdnr35gtr Home theatre setup - 03/07/16 05:53 AM
I've been thinking of upgrading my home theatre speakers and am looking at Axiom. I thinking of M60 fronts, VP150 on-wall center and QS4 rears. I have a 110" projector screen and my seat are at 11.5' back with an additional 8' or so behind the seats. Ceiling is 9' high and the room is an L shape. I'm not too sure if the setup I'm looking at is overkill or not. Would the VP100 center be enough? Could I get away with on-walls for my rear speakers.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Home theatre setup - 03/07/16 01:13 PM
If you can afford it, the VP160 centre and the QS8s are a better match to the M60s. If funds don't permit, you could get the QS8s first while running a phantom centre until you can get the VP160. These will work better for you in that much space I believe. Do you have a sub?
Posted By: cdnr35gtr Re: Home theatre setup - 03/07/16 02:53 PM
I'm currently running a klipsch 10" floor facing sub. I'm also running a Harmon Kardin hits speakers system so any setup would be an upgrade I guess. Funds are limited as well. I have been looking at the B stock inventory as well.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Home theatre setup - 03/07/16 05:38 PM
I 'upgraded' from the QS4s to QS8s.

In the real world, I found absolutely no difference in sound or performance between the the 2 models in my medium size room. Surround channels are used mostly for sporadic short bursts of sound but most of time are idle.

I also upgraded from a VP100 to the VP160.

Now this is a worthwhile upgrade due to the extra power handling of the 160 & its ability to reach much lower than the 100. The CC is really the most used channel in modern movie mixes & arguably the most important speaker in a HT setup. Don't scrimp here...

TAM
© Axiom Message Boards