Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Griffith Strife I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/02/16 01:47 AM
Ok I am not going to lie I was treated pretty poorly by Axiom last year. It left a bitter taste in my mouth, but what has transpired now is just insanity. I won't get into last year's ordeal. I only mention it because, it was the catalyst that made me clean house of Axiom.

On April 14th I ordered some boxes for my M80s I was going to ship them in for credit. I was hoping I could sell the credit to someone. 10 days later I call to see where the boxes are. The nice lady Debbie apologizes and tells me someone should of called me. They can't send boxes without me selecting what I want to trade for. So I paid 90 dollars for the boxes and I would ship them to somebody. Luckily I knew a guy. 2 weeks later I call back to see where the boxes are. The nice lady apologizes and says someone should of called me. They are out of M80 boxes but will have some the next week on Monday. She promises she will make it and right and will refund the extra 30 dollars I paid. 10 days later I call and the nice lady says she will make sure they ship that day.

And they did, but they arrived with only 2 lids and only 3 top foams. And 1 speaker box was bigger than other and the foam kept falling out. So I had to cut the box and tape it to make it fit. I called and the nice lady Debbie asked for some pictures and apologized and promised to take care of it Monday. Well 8 days later and 5 phone calls and messages unanswered I got Debbie on the phone again she made sure and shipped the lids and foam out.

Well the lids and foam arrived yesterday. Problem is who ever packed the lids decided the best way to ship them was to completely destroy one lid. at this point I gave up and just went to FedEx.

I will never buy anything from this company again. I have spent thousands of dollars with them. And time and again they have showed me they don't care.

I can not wait to get rid of my QS8s and VP180 after that I will be Axiom free. I sold my real wood M80s for 600 dollars just not to be reminded of this company anymore.

I don't know what caused this company to change so drastically or if I just rubbed someone wrong. But I wish everyone the best.

Also I never got the refund and I had to spend 40 dollars on packing material at FedEx.

If anyone was curious what I switched to. I am currently using Focal Sopra no2 and awaiting delivery on the matching center and rears.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/02/16 04:19 AM
Hmmm.... All I see in this thread is:

Originally Posted By Griffith Strife
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Do I continue ignoring you (heck, I don't even recall what you did to make me ignore you in the past, but I think that I've only ignored you and BigWyres, so I must have had a reason.

I think that I won't look at the post just in case it reminds me of why I am ignoring you, but if you have a legitimate complaint about something with Axiom, then I am sorry. I know that things seem to be a bit derailed from their normal stellar service with so much effort going into the AxiomAir.
Posted By: MMM Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/02/16 10:58 AM
That can be a problem with a company growth. I will say that I have on occasion become rather pissed off at Axiom. I think that you can point a major part of this to loss of staff or re-allocation to other areas.

They lost sales staff when Brent left and the duty made it over to Debbie. I don't now if its just she is overworked, but from a customer experience point of view we went from someone who was there and passionate about what he sold to just being dropped.

There have been times over the past 6 months that I have been on the market for items and called Axiom only to get the cold shoulder where I have asked questions and never gotten any response.

I understand that they are launching a new product in the Air and it may be eating up major resources inside the company. I don't own one and likely never will (unless someone wants to send me one for free). But it boggles the mind why a company would pull resources from what works to try and prop up a new market that I doubt will amount to much.

If someone suggested that home hifi is a dead market, I would agree to some point. But the portable hifi is by comparison a non existent market. If you look at the trend of young people today, they don't sit and listen to music like we did. They are happy with snippeds of sound from a highly compressed i-device and a pair of ebuds inside a cup is considered quite acceptable for amplification.

I feel for those of us who lament back to the days of good customer service with a smile.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/02/16 11:15 AM
Above and beyond pointless ranting, there is a definitive rise in delays to respond and little mistakes.

To be fair to Debbie, she took over for: Amie, Noreen (and now apparently Brent?). That's a lot to fill in for.

I guess some new hiring in the customer support area would help and might prevent the beginning of a bad reputation because of... pointless ranting! smile
Posted By: craigsub Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/02/16 12:28 PM
Someone please correct me if I am wrong ... but this part of the opening post in the thread:

On April 14th I ordered some boxes for my M80s I was going to ship them in for credit. I was hoping I could sell the credit to someone

Speaks volumes. It appears the intent was to return the speakers to Axiom for trade credit without purchasing product, then selling the trade credit to someone else to use towards a purchase.

I don't know of any company that would even consider doing this.

This also makes it pretty clear that the OP was "done forever" a while ago. Try calling Focal and telling them you want trade value on your speakers as a credit that you will sell to someone else, and get back to us on how successful you are.

As for Debbie - yes, her follow up needs to improve. It's either over work or something missing in her organizing the tasks at hand. That being said, she USUALLY gets things done quite quickly. We just don't hear the times where things went smoothly.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/02/16 02:32 PM
I am with you craig I think you summed it up quite concisely. Some people just like to bitch, and the fact Nick had this guy blocked speaks volumes .

We really need a like button smile
Posted By: BobKay Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/02/16 03:13 PM
Irregardlisically (I actually saw that on a paper I was grading as a T.A.), I have been scratching my head about what's happening. Brent retired, J.C. is gone, Noreen retired, the monthly newsletter has stopped.

Ian has been here often to answer new product (and other) questions. That hasn't changed.

Of course, I HOPE all is OK, but it is dumb and unfair to offer any speculations about it, so here's what I think is goin' on...

Seriously, things seem to have been difficult lately, but, without any solid intel, one can hardly reach a conclusion.

That would be tantamount to going to war over WMD's with confirmation by only a single person who wants a deal. Oh, yeah, we already did that.

Damn!
Posted By: craigsub Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/02/16 03:33 PM
BobKay... smarmy political comments on this board are the reason I rarely post. It was old in 2005.
Posted By: MMM Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/02/16 03:34 PM
It is easy to complain about things that don't go your way. I can agree from one side that expecting to get cash back for a trade in without buying from most companies won't get you too far.

But I can only assume you didn't really read what was said. He sold his M80 speakers to another person and wanted boxes to ship them in. He purchased a set of boxes from Axiom and paid for them on his credit card. Axiom took a long time to ship him his boxes and when they did, they didn't ship everything that he had paid for nor after bringing it to their attention did he get any resolution.

Quote:
So I paid 90 dollars for the boxes ... 2 weeks later I call back to see where the boxes are. The nice lady apologizes and says someone should of called me. They are out of M80 boxes but will have some the next week on Monday. She promises she will make it and right and will refund the extra 30 dollars I paid. 10 days later I call and the nice lady says she will make sure they ship that day.

And they did, but they arrived with only 2 lids and only 3 top foams. And 1 speaker box was bigger than other and the foam kept falling out. So I had to cut the box and tape it to make it fit. I called and the nice lady Debbie asked for some pictures and apologized and promised to take care of it Monday. Well 8 days later and 5 phone calls and messages unanswered I got Debbie on the phone again she made sure and shipped the lids and foam out.

Well the lids and foam arrived yesterday. Problem is who ever packed the lids decided the best way to ship them was to completely destroy one lid. at this point I gave up and just went to FedEx.

His beef is that he had paid $90 for boxes for him M80 so that he could sell them to someone else. He did get two boxes but something wrong with the lids and not the packing foam that is needed. I think his vent is perfectly valid and I understand his frustration from having to phone multiple times to get what he paid for.

Regardless of who he was planning to ship speakers so, if he paid for a set of shipping boxes for M80 speakers with all the required foam and packing material, I would expect that is what he should have gotten. If Axiom agreed that they messed up and didn't send the right materials and agreed to refund $30 for the screw up then I would expect that refund transaction to go though again regardless of where he was shipping to.

I don't know how much Axiom charges for boxes and shipping materials. When I read his post, it sounds like they knew what he was planning. Axiom had every opportunity to say sorry we will not sell you a shipping box unless you order new product from us, but didn't and charged his CC for the $90. I would say they entered into a contract with him to provide the boxes as agreed.

I admit that I only know what I had read on the post and that is his side of the story. Without knowing the whole truth as to what happened, it doens't make sense to chastise or lay blame onto either party. All that I have said is to agree with him though my own experience where I have found the level of customer service over the past months has dropped down from what I got when I first became a customer of Axiom back in 2014 and speculate why.
Posted By: Wid Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/02/16 08:26 PM
Originally Posted By craigsub
BobKay... smarmy political comments on this board are the reason I rarely post. It was old in 2005.

There should be a like button for posts like this.
Posted By: Griffith Strife Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/02/16 10:00 PM
nickbuol I cannot even begin to understand why someone would reply to a topic he did not read.

craigsub What difference does it make who was going to use the credit? Axion was getting speakers to resale I was going to get a gift card to resale. When I was informed I had to choose an item, I bought and paid for boxes instead. I understand you guys love Axiom but I did nothing wrong, I was not hiding anything from anyone.

Socketman If Focal was buying the speakers back to resale them for a profit why would they care? Honestly man do you think the trade up program is a gift? Do you think Axiom takes the speakers and burns them and only issues that credit because they love us. Also I would not need to call Focal becuase they unlike Axiom have a resale value. I have my VP180 listed for 400 dollars and can't get a single offer.

MatManBobbleHead Thank you I thought no one understood my point. You get it, and that means a lot. 90 dollars was not the problem, the delays where not the problem. The problem was that after 90 dollars and the delays I still had not gotten what I paid for.

In case anyone was wondering why nickbuol blocked me. It's because I tried explaining to him that. HDDVD had lost because, it had no advantages over BluRay. My facts about storage and price enraged him.
Posted By: BobKay Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/02/16 10:17 PM
Originally Posted By Wid

And what do you call "The People's Republic of IL?"

2005 was 1/2 a decade before I got here. I couldn't have known you were already smarmed out. Jeesh!

Why not just block me? It will make you neither first nor unique. Same for me.

A point followed by a quip does not therefore make the point invalid. It's a matter of presentation, interpretation and personal taste or judgment.

I've said it quite plainly here, "I may be egalitarian, but I'm not for everybody."
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/02/16 10:17 PM

It's OK Craigsub. No one posts here anymore. Every once in a while, there's a twitch. Not really a sign of life.

BTW, Debbie has provided me with EXCELLENT customer service in connection with 2 orders of M100s, and 2 orders of EP500s. All issues quickly and graciously resolved.

I am talking with her about upgrading my order for another EP500 to an EP600, only because she has been such a pleasure.

To the Angry Man, Axiom is in the audio equipment business, not the cardboard box business. Debbie attempted to accommodate you. Her efforts required follow up. You must be a very important person to have taken such offense from Axiom's error. Good luck getting personalized service from the folks at Focal.
Posted By: Griffith Strife Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/02/16 10:36 PM
Originally Posted By 2x6spds

To the Angry Man, Axiom is in the audio equipment business, not the cardboard box business. Debbie attempted to accommodate you. Her efforts required follow up. You must be a very important person to have taken such offense from Axiom's error. Good luck getting personalized service from the folks at Focal.

You seem to be able to write but not read, Axiom is in the box selling business. They charged me 90 dollars for boxes. Axiom was not doing me a favor.

I hope you are using these subs in different rooms if not maybe you should look into buying 1 good sub instead.

I am going to take your advice and laugh at you, I mean you do seem to know it all.

Edited to add

What was personalized what Did Axiom make boxes just for me? You seem very upset about Focal, I don't expect personalized anything from anyone. I expect accountability.
Posted By: Ian Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/02/16 10:42 PM
Hi Griffith Strife,

Sorry to hear this went so badly. I am not really sure how this got so confusing and discombobulated. We were out of stock of M80 cartons for better than four weeks during this time. When they came in we shipped yours to you. That really should be the whole story here; but it seems we also ended up with Murphy's law in play.
Posted By: Griffith Strife Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/02/16 11:45 PM
Originally Posted By Ian
Hi Griffith Strife,

Sorry to hear this went so badly. I am not really sure how this got so confusing and discombobulated. We were out of stock of M80 cartons for better than four weeks during this time. When they came in we shipped yours to you. That really should be the whole story here; but it seems we also ended up with Murphy's law in play.

If someone would of told me that, or if someone would of apologized for not telling me that. I would be a lot more understanding. The thing that really hurt was the 2nd shipment arriving the way it did.

I bought and paid for something that as far as I am concerned I never received. Everyone was nice but no one ever said sorry.

Ian I think it's a great thing that you interact here. That's the reason I fell in love with Axiom almost 14 years ago.

But after last year and this box fiasco, all I feel towards Axiom is sadness.

I wish you and everyone else here the best.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 01:09 AM
Grif, never said any of this so yeah your facts are in error.

Socketman If Focal was buying the speakers back to resale them for a profit why would they care? Honestly man do you think the trade up program is a gift? Do you think Axiom takes the speakers and burns them and only issues that credit because they love us. Also I would not need to call Focal becuase they unlike Axiom have a resale value. I have my VP180 listed for 400 dollars and can't get a single offer

Honestly I don't know why people go on the internet to whine. Shit happened its over , the end. Too much unwanted complaining these days. And there really is no need to attack other people (2x6 speeds) for their choices, its a well known fact that multiple subs help to even out bass response. Enjoy your focals and the music. Bye Bye

Richard
Posted By: Stereoguy99 Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 01:52 AM

It's OK Craigsub. No one posts here anymore. Every once in a while, there's a twitch. Not really a sign of life.

BTW, Debbie has provided me with EXCELLENT customer service in connection with 2 orders of M100s, and 2 orders of EP500s. All issues quickly and graciously resolved.

I am talking with her about upgrading my order for another EP500 to an EP600, only because she has been such a pleasure.

Debbie has been awesome to deal with...also Axiom has been great to me most of the time nobody is perfect!!The whole company is a pleasure to deal with have always answered my ? on email/phone....have some things been slightly delayed yes but again everything was resolved to my satisfaction!!Try finding a CEO who frequents his companies forum & answers pm's......?????The clincher is 2x6spds story right on this forum about what Axiom did 4 him..end of my thoughts!
Posted By: craigsub Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 01:55 AM
Mr. Strife ... $400 for the VP180? What's the finish? That's a smoking deal. And if you still have the M80's there, I would be interested in those as well. smile
Posted By: Griffith Strife Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 03:21 AM
Not my facts, my typing skills though I typed your name when I meant craigsub. I apologize and will edit the post.

Sorry I can no longer edit that post.
Posted By: Griffith Strife Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 03:41 AM
Stereoguy99

Did I attack Debbie? Did I call her names or mock her in some way? I told the truth exactly how it happened. Debbie was nice the whole way through. Many times in my post I referred to her as the nice lady. Maybe you should learn to read.

Socketman I did not come here to whine I came here to warn new people. I know the usual 12 or 13 of you guys who post here and for the most part. Axiom could start killing kittens, and you guys would say great every audio company should kill kittens.

My post is for new people to know current Axiom is not the same Axiom of old. I don't know if it was the retirements or what but something is broken and its not getting fixed.

Stereoguy99

Yes Ian posted here I said above that is one of the reasons why I first fell in love with Axiom.

But how did him posting here help me? I still paid 90 dollars on something I never got. I still wasted a month and a half of my time. Heck in my opinion he did not even apologize. So what good did it do me? Should I feel blessed, Is Ian the pope?

2x6 attacked me but yet you attack me for my sub comment. Any objective person would see I attacked no one I was simply stating facts not whining. Just telling new people What Axiom is really like now. So they don't go by 3 and 4 year old posts and 10 year old reviews.

Edited to add this about 2x6 story Stereoguy99 referred to

Axiom did not lose money they made money. You act like Axiom should be knighted for not losing a sale. Any company would of did the same thing. Either A burn the cost of shipping the speakers out in the first place. Or make a profit on a new set.

Dare I say you are delusional, you truly believe Axiom sells these speakers for cost. I mean what bushiness would choose to lose 60 dollars instead of make 600.

craigsub If you want it's yours, it's maple I also have the QS8s with matching stands. I sold the Vesallo M80s for 600.
Posted By: wilwom Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 05:09 AM
Griffin Strife

Thanks for posting this information. I believe it is as relevant as other posts on this message board.

Axiom used to have the very best of customer service reputations. I hope Axiom will regain this reputation.

I still run all Axiom speakers (except for subwoofer) in my home theater and hope they last forever. Peace.

Bill Wilson
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 07:04 AM
First of all, please do not confuse wilwom's post with mine as he uses the same avatar. I do not agree that Griffith Strife's post is valuable or that Axiom's customer service has declined.

Ola Socketman

Too true about Axiom resale value. I attribute that to a remarkable internet campaign by a bunch of malcontents who have made it their jihad to defame Axiom's excellent speakers and subs. I have attempted to reason with some of these internet trolls on other audio sites, but have been astonished at the level of irrational hatred these folks spew.

It's my opinion that some of the folks who have made this site their own and who have expressed narrow minded audio prejudices in an arrogant manner have brought some of this hate upon Axiom. I've seen folks come here and speak well of their speakers and then comment about how their choice of speaker cable has enhanced the sound of their systems only to be dumped on and chased off by a small clique of folks here who mock anyone who expresses an opinion which does not conform to the settled wisdom of those here who know it all.
[is that really one sentence?]

Dare to post you prefer the sound quality of tube amps to solid state? Stand back and prepare for the dump.

I think the fact that this site is patrolled by a narrow minded few who mock those with different experiences with cabling or caps, or tubes, has harmed Axiom's reputation.

I also think that running afoul of Audioholics' failed desire to market Axiom products has resulted in a turn around from blazingly positive reviews to either outright negative reviews or reviews which damn with faint praise. Audioholics has a following.

Then there was the ninja cross-over scam, and subsequent internet campaign which in my opinion slandered Axiom's products. Nevertheless, in my opinion, this might have been avoided had ninja posts on this forum been responded to with a little grace.

It is amazing to me, that a glitch in delivery of packing cartons could result in such hatred.

I have had the pleasure of spending quite a bit of time with a Focal 8 series system. It's OK. It's expensive. In my opinion, Focals which cost twice the price of Axiom speakers do not sound as good.

Nevertheless, Angry Fellow, I hope you enjoy your Focals and sincerely hope you overcome your anger and disgust with Axiom over such a trivial matter. I also hope you reflect on Ian's gracious post, explanation and apology to you and acknowledge class when you see it.

Lastly, I have been buying Axiom speakers since 2002, 14 years. I own or have owned some high-end speakers including Thiel CS3.6s, Infinity Overture Composition III towers, vintage Dahlquists, and Klipsch big horns. My Axioms stand tall in this august company of audio accomplishment.

Trust your ears not the rantings of internet trolls.

Posted By: Griffith Strife Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 07:35 AM
You and a few others here keep attacking me. You keep calling me angry and disgusted, I attacked no one. I said repeatedly Debbie is very nice. I thanked Ian for responding. But you act like because Debbie is nice and Ian posted a message my 90 dollars for boxes I could not use was worth it.

You act as though 90 dollars was the price to speak with Debbie over the phone.

You also keep talking about these boxes being my only issue well it's not. Last year I had an even worse experience. But I am not here to talk about that.

Thank you Bill I am sharing facts so that others will have a current picture. But I am being attacked as if I am some troll who never bought an axiom product in his life. Thank you for understanding me
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 08:22 AM
Peace on.
Posted By: craigsub Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 11:33 AM
Mr. Stife - Please PM the price on the QS8's along with your contact information, and we can handle the rest off line. Thank you.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 04:48 PM
All of a sudden it's not boring here anymore,ha!

I haven't been posting here much lately because my 4 Axiom systems have been performing to perfection...

TAM
Posted By: Stereoguy99 Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 05:29 PM
Griffith Strife: I never attacked you in my post period...yes there was a subtle disagreement with your point of view but no where did I say that your point of view was invalid or wrong..nor would I!!! Now let's look at your kind words for me shall we(yes I'm being very sarcastic)

Stereoguy99

Did I attack Debbie?(Did I say that in my post??) Did I call her names or mock her in some way? I told the truth exactly how it happened. Debbie was nice the whole way through. Many times in my post I referred to her as the nice lady. Maybe you should learn to read.(Personal attack 1)

Stereoguy99

2x6 attacked me but yet you attack me (Where did I do so?) for my sub comment. Any objective person would see I attacked no one I was simply stating facts not whining. Just telling new people What Axiom is really like now. So they don't go by 3 and 4 year old posts and 10 year old reviews. My comments are based on my experiences now & the past in particular the last 3 months!!

Edited to add this about 2x6 story Stereoguy99 referred to

Axiom did not lose money they made money. You act like Axiom should be knighted for not losing a sale(????Where did I say/imply that?) Any company would of did the same thing. Either A burn the cost of shipping the speakers out in the first place. Or make a profit on a new set.

Dare I say you are delusional,(Personal attack number 2) you truly believe Axiom sells these speakers for cost ( again where did I say anything remotely close to this???). I mean what bushiness would choose to lose 60 dollars instead of make 600.

P.S I just looked up 2x6spds post about the way Axiom treated him...it is Jan 26th/2016!!!this year sir not 3-4 yrs ago!!! So that says it all!Again IMO!

Griffith Strife: You are an angry person IMO! Oh I do have the right to rebuke your personal attacks on me & will do so, have a great weekend Griffith Strife!!
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 05:36 PM
Hmmm. Kinda reminds me of AVS...

TAM
Posted By: Stereoguy99 Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 05:39 PM
Or digitalhome forum a few years back!!!!
Posted By: craigsub Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 10:03 PM
Or Thanksgiving with my family. cool
Posted By: Stereoguy99 Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 10:12 PM
Or Thanksgiving with my family. cool

LMFAO!!!! grin
Posted By: pmbuko Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 10:52 PM
Politics, ranting, over-defensiveness, victim-blaming... This thread has it all!

For what it's worth, I sympathize with Griffith Strife. His expectations were not unreasonable and they were not met. Poop happens. Even companies with the best customer service drop the ball sometimes, but that doesn't mean he should just roll with it.

GS, I give you big props for not getting irate after being doubted by many responders. You're obviously got a a thick skin. Quite handy on the internet. smile
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 11:13 PM
Not surprised by your post, pmb.

However, reasonable would have been working this out directly with Axiom rather than sliming them on the internet. An easier bunch to work with, Man of Strife is not likely to find.

Perhaps some personal issues impelled him to make public what could have been easily handled in private without hurting Debbie's feelings and unfairly calling into question Axiom's excellent customer service.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 11:34 PM
Reasonable is a relative term. Is it reasonable to expect everyone to have the same patience and temperament? Is it reasonable to ascribe these natural differences to "personal issues"?
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/03/16 11:57 PM
"Re: I am Done with Axiom Forever" ... not so reasonable under the circumstances, in my opinion. Your opinion obviously differs.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/04/16 01:48 AM
Just really feels like an over reaction to such a small problem. I recommend keeping the original packaging. I have boxes for my 35 yr old HPM 900's and do not own my own house. Some things you just don't throw out.

Now if something failed and they were not helpful in the repair or replacement etc then I may get pissed but this situation really doesn't warrant this kind of slander. Paying $90 for 2 box's and all the fixins is damn cheap when the shipping was probly $50 or that. Its not always the weight, its how much space they consume.

Just did a online calculation to ship with Canada post from Ontario to Whitehorse Yukon and it was $76 so basically you paid for the shipping and the box's were free. Just sayin
Posted By: Griffith Strife Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/04/16 03:19 AM
Not surprised by your post, pmb.

However, reasonable would have been working this out directly with Axiom rather than sliming them on the internet. An easier bunch to work with, Man of Strife is not likely to find.

Perhaps some personal issues impelled him to make public what could have been easily handled in private without hurting Debbie's feelings and unfairly calling into question Axiom's excellent customer service.

How did I hurt Debbie's feeling, do you not realize how deranged that sounds. I said nothing bad about Debbiep, I told the truth about my experience. I did not know you had some sick infatuation. Now I understand why you keep buying subwoofers and want to upgrade just because someone is so nice.

How was it unfair, I refuse to engage with you any further. You keep attacking me and I keep falling into.

I told a true story Ian himself acknowledged it. You keep yelling insanity about hurt feelings

Socketman I did try and handle this with Axiom. I was promised 30 dollar refund which never came.

And let me make this perfectly clear because either A you keep missing it B don't wont to acknowledge it.

I NEVER RECEIVED USABLE BOXES ONE WAS TOO BIG AND EVEN WHEN THE LIDS CAME IN ONE WAS DESTROYED BY THE PACKER. I PAID 90 DOLLARS FOR 1 BOX. AND WAITED 7 WEEKS FOR IT.

For those who understand why I posted thank you. I came here not to attack or hurt anyone's feelings.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/04/16 05:29 AM
Griffith Strife, I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I hope that all that has bothered you is resolved quickly and to your satisfaction.

Sorry for anything I said which upset you.

Enjoy your new system.
Posted By: Griffith Strife Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/04/16 06:47 AM
Griffith Strife, I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I hope that all that has bothered you is resolved quickly and to your satisfaction.

Sorry for anything I said which upset you.

Enjoy your new system.

Much of what you said upset me much of it was an attack on me and my character.

I have no problem with anyone saying they think Axiom is the same as it always has been. I have no problem with you sharing your own experience to counter mine. But countless times you called me names. And hurled accusations at me.

I too hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Posted By: SRoode Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/04/16 07:12 AM
To quote people who leave MMO games after they left... Can I have your stuff? smile

Kidding... I see both sides on this discussion.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/04/16 10:34 AM
Strife- you have a legitimate concern. It seems that Axiom dropped the ball.

But I remember why I too had you blocked after the last incident. It's not what happened to you.... it's the drama and reactionary style in which you continue to present it.

Good luck to you.
Posted By: michael_d Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/06/16 08:10 PM
Originally Posted By Wid

Posted By: MMM Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/09/16 07:54 PM
For the sake of not propagating another angry thread about this company, I figure that I would add my thoughts to this thread.

I am not as ticked off as Grifith, but sure am getting up there. I hope that when IAN said on the AxiomAir thread that maybe the company should monitor this web forum more, that comments like this thread get taken seriously.

On May 24th, I ordered a second one of the ADA1000 amps for my system, this time a 5 channel configuration, so it's not a cheep amp. I called up and spoke with Debbie on May 30th to confirm a time when the Amp will be shipping. I am down right now as I need the 5 channel amp to watch TV as I don't have a center channel amp hooked up. Rather than ripping everything on my rack apart to re-route all the cables as a stop gap measure, I was assured that the unit was just finishing production and would be going into the Testing Department mid week. It should ship out possibly on that Friday, but most likely Monday. As I live so close, the Amp should hit my doorstep on Tuesday June 7 by the latest.

Well, we are now on Thursday June 9th, and after several not returned phone calls and an email, I finally got someone to pick up my call. Sadly JC has no idea where in the process my Amp is. If it even got made, or is stuck in testing, Guaranteed it is not shipping today so there is ZERO chance I am getting it this week.

I know that I am going to get blasted by many here for getting upset that my amp is 7+ days late. I am sure that you can go on how you had to wait extra weeks for your speakers to arrive. I get that. What I get upset about is setting up false expectations and making promises of shipping that simply cannot be kept.

If you look at what Grifth originally said in the first post here. He was upset that he paid for something and was given a promise to get (in his case boxes) that was just handled badly and he never got what he was promised or paid for.

Here I am, really wanting a second amp. Had I been told that you know we are really busy and we hope to get it out to you in 2 weeks time from order, but realistically it might take 6-8 weeks, I would not have a problem. I would have removed an amp and re-wired knowing that its going to take a while. I would have been watching my TV and been happy right now looking forward to getting my second ADA1000 and hooking up to ATMOS.

But no, I got a promise, not once, but twice confirming that on June 7 I would have an amp. That is pure and simply BAD CUSTOMER RELATIONS and not doing Axiom any favours for keeping this customer who has spent multiple thousands of dollars on products from them. It is customers like ME who pay the bills. It is customers like ME who they rely on to give referrals so that they get more people to buy their product and they grow.

What do you think I will be saying to anyone who asks me what I think of Axiom? Likely it's closer to ' they make great speakers if and when you get them some unknown time in the future, and btw: their customer service sucks! '

That is the reality that Ian has to correct and get the rest of their staff onboard. Reality like for JC who when he got my email or phone calls, got back to me acknowledging that he got my message and is looking into what is going on. Not saying anything and leaving the customer in Limbo is the same to the customer as hanging up the phone on them and simply ignoring their request. NOT GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE.

/Rant Over.

Matt
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/09/16 10:52 PM
FWIW, a friend of mine is now into his 9th week waiting for his new $12,000 lawn tractor to be delivered with all of its parts & options attached. It was already built & ready for shipping in Ontario when he ordered it. Seems that this is the second one - the first was obviously a demo & was quite beat up cosmetically & they expected him to accept it & pay full pop.

His local salesman does not return his calls & doesn't seem to care a whole lot. He isn't too happy...

TAM
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/10/16 12:54 AM
Motives matter.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/10/16 02:48 AM
I kinda get a kick out of these kind of rants. I know how impetuous I used to be. But age has changed me a lot, now idgaf for the most part. Things move at the pace they are going to move at and whatever it is I crave will arrive in good time. Hell its summer , go outside and enjoy the weather.

If you want something to be upset about turn on the hockey game and yell at them fer's from san jose. smile
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/10/16 04:56 AM
I think they're buried with trying to work out the kinks and deliver all the Axiom Airs. They're a small operation and nice folks.

I think most of us will agree that over the years Axiom customer service has been excellent.

Relax. Is there a hockey game going on?
Posted By: nickbuol Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/10/16 12:53 PM
I do sympathize with people having issues. It can be very frustrating when you have an expectation set (sometimes a couple of times) and have them not met by any close margin.

With that said, Axiom is a very small company. When I visited them in February 2015, there were a total of about 5 people working in the whole place that day.

With the promise of the AxiomAir NEEDING to be a success, and with the extreme popularity of it as a product, their focus is definitely there. I am not saying that it should be at the expense of regular service, but that is what is happening. To me I would think that even a part time high school kid could work afternoons to help get things out the door, or do something to alleviate the extra pressure of more mundane tasks on the more skilled and experienced staff that we know and love.

Again, I am not making excuses for them, I just know that this is a really tough time with a high expenditure in AxiomAir R&D and product development and support.
Posted By: Cohesion Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/10/16 04:55 PM
Notwithstanding the box troll, I am guessing that Axiom is stuck between moving out a ton of Airs, and being a bit short of staff on the service side due to some staff retirements and departures. Hopefully they're able to hire a couple of good new people soon to fill in the gaps!
Posted By: MMM Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/11/16 08:54 PM
Originally Posted By tomtuttle
Motives matter.

I don't buy into that line of thought. If I met you at a party and you said you were thirsty, and i grabbed a random glass of a counter top without knowing what it contained and you drank it and died, would it make me any less responsible? I would have no malice or intention to do you harm, but by my total lack of care to check what was in the glass directly resulted in your loss (of life).

Some times motive really doesn't matter.

I think they're buried with trying to work out the kinks and deliver all the Axiom Airs. They're a small operation and nice folks.

I think most of us will agree that over the years Axiom customer service has been excellent.

I have only been a customer for the past 2 years so what they were like before I bought is totally redundant to me. All I can comment on is how I have been treated since 2014 when I bought my first speakers from them. Brent was a really nice guy and he did return phone calls and was very pleasant. I bought some M80 speakers and decided that they didn't give me the oomph that I thought they could give. (turned out is was really my source material). So I returned them to upgrade to a pair of LFR1100. In the process, they sort of ripped me off by 13% as they charged me the $3951+334(tax) and then took off the return of -$1377 that was the price of the M80 i returned. But I didn't get the discount of the sales tax that was paid on the M80 so I lost out on $179. It took me about 9 months to figure it out as that was how long it took for them to send me the reciept emails and I just wrote it off to Oh Well, they are a small company and I got a good deal on the LFR's anyways.
They did upgrade the DSP on the LFR so that is a good point for them. I have found that since Brett left, they have been slow to return phone calls if they ever do. Generally I just give up waiting after 2-3 days and phone back. I think that they are sort staffed and that is causing the problems. It might not be that there is too much work for the number of people, but if you get one person doing too many tasks, then things get dropped too easily and errors happen.

Originally Posted By nickbuol
I do sympathize with people having issues. It can be very frustrating when you have an expectation set (sometimes a couple of times) and have them not met by any close margin.

With the promise of the AxiomAir NEEDING to be a success, and with the extreme popularity of it as a product, their focus is definitely there. I am not saying that it should be at the expense of regular service, but that is what is happening.

I do sympathise with them, but they could hire me as a telephone sales person. I have done remote support for a software company and IP phones are quite common now. But they just have not reached out to hire me yet, so little good that does.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/12/16 12:31 AM
Originally Posted By MatManBobbleHead

I do sympathise with them, but they could hire me as a telephone sales person. I have done remote support for a software company and IP phones are quite common now. But they just have not reached out to hire me yet, so little good that does.

Yup. Like I said previously, maybe they could hire a part time high-school kid just to get through the mundane work and let the "experts" run the business, which includes customer interactions....
Posted By: MMM Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/12/16 04:02 PM
I got a note from Ian, and it seems that my math skills are not as good as they should be and I didn't pick up on the way that the taxes were calculated correctly.

I formally withdraw my comment that I got docked the $179 in taxes. That is not true. I sincerely apologize to Axiom, Ian, and all his staff for any harm or embarrassment that I may have unintentionally caused them by my comments.

Axiom has and still does make an incredible line of speakers. Their amps too are top notch and that is why I have bought. It is only human to have an off day and we all have them. To complain about it giving the appearance that this is the norm isn't the best thing to do.

Matt
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/12/16 05:02 PM
something I heard on the radio one day. Loosely paraphrased, ask a man to say 10 things negative and he will have 20 easily, ask him to say 10 things positive and he will have great difficulty.

I think somehow it is in our nature to be suspicious or maybe we become hardened with time.

Glad to hear things are not what they seemed and also glad that Ian replied so quickly to set things straight.

As a side note , you can not please all of the people all of the time.

Relax and enjoy
Posted By: fredk Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever - 06/14/16 03:58 AM
Originally Posted By Socketman
something I heard on the radio one day. Loosely paraphrased, ask a man to say 10 things negative and he will have 20 easily, ask him to say 10 things positive and he will have great difficulty.

I think somehow it is in our nature to be suspicious or maybe we become hardened with time.

Glad to hear things are not what they seemed and also glad that Ian replied so quickly to set things straight.

As a side note , you can not please all of the people all of the time.

Relax and enjoy

My good things to say list is two items:

I'm not dead yet. My ex is really and truly an ex. Life is good. No sense in blathering on about the rest.
© Axiom Message Boards