Axiom Home Page
Posted By: twodan19 6 channel input? sounds like it - 10/14/03 12:40 AM
finally tore myself from the war and visited bb and purchased some cables to go with my new dvd player. hooked the 6 wires to rvx1300 and played a new dvd-a purchased tonight. hit the 6 channel input button on the yammi, and nothing..re-read the jacket and reads something like remastered dts recording. po'd, i pulled out one of my two discs from aix, hit the 6 channel button, and wow. however, my new mits player doesn't have any bass management menu other to tell it the sub is on, speakers set to small etc. now that you have the history, thought i was told the rxv1300 would have no tonal control in 6 channel, but it does. bass, bass extension,and trebel. sounds like 6 channel to me, or is it my 1st harpoon kicking in?
dan
Posted By: DJ_Stunna Re: 6 channel input? sounds like it - 10/14/03 05:20 PM
Yamaha's allow for tone adjustments in 6 ch direct mode. The DSP's and Bass Management, however are disabled in most models.

Could the reason for your problem with the dvd-a be that the first player you used doesn't have a decoder?
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: 6 channel input? sounds like it - 10/14/03 07:39 PM
Hi Dan
Dunno about the Yammie, but check that your receiver is set for multichannel direct, and go gettem.
Posted By: twodan19 Re: 6 channel input? sounds like it - 10/14/03 08:40 PM
no idea. i'll need to carefully read the label tonight. i do know the -a from aix sounded terrific.
thanks
dan
© Axiom Message Boards