Axiom Home Page
Posted By: embeleco M60v1 vs M80v2 - 07/14/17 03:47 AM
Wondering if there is much of a difference between those two. For sure M80 will have better sound but just checking if there is a major difference between those specific versions v1(M60) / v2(M80).

Axiom has some M80 v2 on the Refurb Store and checking on getting those... not the color I have but that won't be an issue.

-JJ
Posted By: alan Re: M60v1 vs M80v2 - 07/14/17 06:45 PM
Hi embeleco,

You'll certainly get more and deeper bass output from the M80v2, especially in a larger room (2500 cu. ft. and larger) and a bit smoother midrange.

Before I retired from Axiom, I heard several later versions of the M60, which were quite excellent, a big improvement on the original M60ti, which I never cared for, mainly because of its sibilance on female vocals and aggressive upper midrange on brasses and horns.

I don't recall hearing the M60v1.

The M80v2 was greatly improved from the original M80ti, which, in its earlier versions, exhibited the same midrange brashness and aggressiveness as the M60ti. The later versions of the M80, including the v1, eliminated those faults, and the M80 became a wonderful neutral loudspeaker.

Regards,
Alan
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: M60v1 vs M80v2 - 07/14/17 09:10 PM
If you have the room and the money i recommend the M80 it is a great sounding speaker and i have not had any urge to upgrade or replace mine . If you have a sub and crossover at 80hz then i say you will be happy for a good long time.
© Axiom Message Boards