Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Mojo I need advice on QS10HP - 11/26/17 06:59 PM
Someone...anyone...please tell me how good they are. I am considering trading in my QS8s for them.
Posted By: brendo Re: I need advice on QS10HP - 11/26/17 08:38 PM
Have had them since release not sure about QS8, QS10 is awesome forget their there until woah that was cool sound. Even run all channels to make sure they're still connected the bass is good.
Very effortless and together never that separated Bass a sub can give with wrong placement.
Posted By: Mojo Re: I need advice on QS10HP - 11/26/17 09:04 PM
Thanks. How about with PLII for music? Are you using them as sides or rears or both?
Posted By: brendo Re: I need advice on QS10HP - 11/26/17 09:44 PM
Using as side in 7.1 though in front height config. With M22 as height. The height in PLllz takes precedence over side, I think to make bigger stage.

When needed the QS10 just stand up, Have them crossed at 40 or large usually they're just ambient piano horns etc. With an atmos. track fed to 7.1 they do a whole lot more no problem.

Often find myself checking to see if they're even running they blend so well. With this being the design of the QS series to lay quiet until needed then blend into the front while at a peak.
They succeed flawlessly.
Posted By: Mad_Chesser Re: I need advice on QS10HP - 11/30/17 09:06 AM
I just ordered a pair. I'll let you know smile

Been waiting a long time to finish the 5 speaker axiom setup. Lol
Posted By: Mojo Re: I need advice on QS10HP - 02/23/18 02:05 AM
Chesser, tell me how good they are. Getting real close now to pulling the trigger!
Posted By: Rjlitho Re: I need advice on QS10HP - 03/31/18 02:41 AM
What height should QS8s be at .

Bob M
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: I need advice on QS10HP - 03/31/18 03:10 AM
This has been asked many times and everyone seems to have a different opinion. I have tried many places with QS4's and 8's and it find that about 8 inch off the ceiling works best for me. I dont like being able to locate the position of my surrounds and i find this is a great way to limit audible locating .
Posted By: Rjlitho Re: I need advice on QS10HP - 08/08/18 01:54 AM
Looking for some feed back on how people are liking the QS10s .I was at Axiom on the weekend and I am considering switching out my QS8s for a set any feedback would be great.

RJ
Posted By: bridgman Re: I need advice on QS10HP - 08/15/18 01:50 AM
Merging threads a bit...

Originally Posted By Rjlitho
I have the ADA 1500 M100S VP 180 4 QS8s. thinking QS10S OR EP 500. My room is about 2600....

RJ

I have not had a chance to compare QS10s with QS8s so take this with a grain of salt, but my main reasons for updating would be:

- I had a large room and QS8s were starting to be the weak link in terms of SPL+quality

- I wanted to run at a lower crossover frequency than the QS8s are comfortable with (~80 Hz)

In your case both of these potentially apply, in the sense that the QS8s are definitely the "smallest" speaker in your system and all of your other speakers are able to cross over at much lower frequencies than your QS8s.

Where it gets more complicated is that your room isn't what I would call too big for QS8s unless you are playing at very high SPLs... but since the rest of your speakers are very capable and you have enough power you could very well be doing just that.

That said, once you raise the topic of spending your $$ on upgrading surrounds or adding an EP500 my first thought is the same as Matt's, basically that you can never have enough good subwooferage.

A few questions that haven't been asked yet:

1. What do you have in the way of subwoofer(s) now ?

2. What crossover frequency are you running at, and is your receiver / pre-pro able to set different crossover frequencies for different channels (like my old HK 630 can) ?

3. How loudly do you run the system ?
Posted By: Rjlitho Re: I need advice on QS10HP - 08/17/18 12:00 AM
Hi Bridgeman ,

Bridgman
I had some homework to do to answer your questions .
Sub is home made and is about 15 years old 12". I Friend of my is an electrical engineer and built it for me .

I have a Yamaha RX-A850 and it looks like I can just individual frequency.
I used the YPAO mic and auto set up my surround and it set my QS8s at 100hz
I like to listen 75-90db for music .2 channel .Bare with me I fairly new to audio .
I am really enjoying this hobby but it never seems quite right or I am going deaf, quite possible, RJ
© Axiom Message Boards