Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Mojo v4 tweeter - 12/03/17 11:10 PM
I've been listening to the v4 tweeter. Amazing! Everyone should upgrade. Including you,TAM.
Posted By: craigsub Re: v4 tweeter - 12/04/17 01:50 AM
Did you order the M100's yet? laugh
Posted By: Mojo Re: v4 tweeter - 12/04/17 02:43 AM
No but I'm gonna :-D

I listened to something special this afternoon...heh...heh...

We have stuff to talk about, Craig.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: v4 tweeter - 12/04/17 06:11 PM
My HT tweeters are all V4s except for my VP160. That is being remedied now by my new VP160 that is being built as we speak in HG Rosewood (Black Friday Sale).

When I changed to the V4s throughout my system I can't say that I heard much of a difference, if any, in my room. From what I've read here, the V4 is another very subtle improvement. My ears bear that out.

My upgrades came from my perceived need to match finishes, not tweeters...

TAM
Posted By: Mojo Re: v4 tweeter - 12/04/17 06:21 PM
Well, good for you. Truly.

I heard a major difference between the v2 tweetage and the v4. It could be that you are not feeding much power through them and hence can't hear the difference. Frankly, I was shocked at the difference I heard between my M80v2 and the LFR1100 v4...from a tweetage perspective.

Now could the difference be attributed to the $10K-worth of pre/pro and external amplification? Maybe but I doubt it. We'll find out when the same external amplification makes it over to my place so I can try it with my M80s.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: v4 tweeter - 12/04/17 07:03 PM
"Tweetage," yes sir!
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: v4 tweeter - 12/04/17 07:43 PM
Mine were from V3s to V4s. My power is completely adequate for my listening levels ~90 Db using bass management.

I guess that I'm not as susceptible to 'placebo effect' as others...

TAM
Posted By: JBrad Re: v4 tweeter - 12/04/17 08:15 PM
Just thought I'd chime in here as it was my equipment Mojo was listening to. I don't have any experience with the v3 or v2 tweeters. Equipment matters. I went from receiver processing, mid end Yamaha, to a real pre/pro Marantz. Didn't spend alot of money but the higher end detail was much better. I did notice the difference immediately. So Mojo, I believe it may be a combination of the new tweeters AND the processor that sounded better.
Posted By: Mojo Re: v4 tweeter - 12/04/17 08:31 PM
We'll find out over more beers, cheese and sausage. smile
Posted By: Mojo Re: v4 tweeter - 12/04/17 08:38 PM
"I guess that I'm not as susceptible to 'placebo effect' as others..."

You mean I may have been biased by the fact that these were 1100s connected to electronics that I was drooling over compared to my old M80s connected to my Onk? Not a chance. I call it as I hear it by temporarily disconnecting my brain from all other sensory input. Try it, TAM. It's good fun.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: v4 tweeter - 12/04/17 08:58 PM
I'll admit that one time I did hear a tremendous difference in equipment - Twin mid-priced Velodyne 10" subwoofers to Twin EP800s. No contest.

Tweeters - really no.

Similarly, with my tube amp, according to the tube 'experts', I was supposed to hear significant differences after tube rolling - nope. In fact the similarities between my tube gear & my SS receiver were surprising to me; however, the glow & heat of tubes is really wonderful to have in one's room on a cold winter evening...

TAM
Posted By: JBrad Re: v4 tweeter - 12/04/17 09:33 PM

Posted By: JBrad Re: v4 tweeter - 12/04/17 09:37 PM
Originally Posted By Mojo
We'll find out over more beers, cheese and sausage. smile

You bet!
© Axiom Message Boards