Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Mojo I need FedEx help please - 01/12/18 08:33 PM
I am expecting the EP800v4NME on Monday. If it gets delivered after noon, it will be on my front door steps for three days potentially in blizzards, -30C and of course subject to theft. I'd ask one of my neighbors to take it in but they're all on their 4th hip replacement and can't help the delivery person with it. During my last EP800 delivery, the FedEx driver nearly burst his left 'nad because he didn't have a dolly.

Short of some of you volunteering to "look after it", do any of you know if there is any way to get a hold of FedEx and ask them to delay shipment?
Posted By: BBIBH Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/12/18 09:27 PM
I believe that you can track the shipment and delay delivery, or reroute.
Posted By: Mojo Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/13/18 03:13 AM
Thanks!
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/13/18 04:17 AM
i could safely store it at my place just reroute it to me.

send it prepaid to

Mojo's best freind
Whitehorse YT
Posted By: Mojo Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/13/18 04:37 AM
All of a sudden you want some 'nad ticklin' and gut punching, eh?
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/13/18 04:45 AM
i dont know about gut punchin but no one was ever hurt by a little nad ticklin
Posted By: Mojo Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/13/18 05:19 AM
Except for those who were 'nad-tickled to death by the SS as described by Heinz Heger.
Posted By: bridgman Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/14/18 10:54 PM
Fedex is pretty good - IIRC if you go to the tracking site (there's probably a link in your email from Axiom) you should be able to have them hold for pickup.

Not sure if you can delay delivery 3 days... might be easier to have them send it to Socketman. Or me if I'm closer. Hold for pickup is usually pretty painless though.
Posted By: Mojo Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/14/18 11:47 PM
I couldn't find a link and when I called them, they didn't suggest a way of doing it myself. I've arranged to leave later in the day.

The pickup location is a nightmare of a drive for me.

I'd send them to you or Socketman but I'm worried you'd both use them for target practice.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/15/18 12:07 AM
WHAT>>> You da guy wit all da gunz well bridgman too but he is more in to explosives.
Posted By: bridgman Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/15/18 01:06 AM
Originally Posted By Mojo
The pickup location is a nightmare of a drive for me.

Ahh, OK... so that wouldn't help much.

Originally Posted By Mojo
I'd send them to you or Socketman but I'm worried you'd both use them for target practice.

No way. Existing subs would go out for target practice before 800's - but I only have 2 subs now so still in "accumulation" mode anyways.
Posted By: Mojo Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/15/18 03:57 PM
It's here!
Posted By: Slimpikins Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/15/18 04:34 PM
You got the punch in the gut?
Posted By: Mojo Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/15/18 05:29 PM
Unfortunately I can't listen to it for another couple of days. Then it has to break in for 3 weeks unless I do a HABI (highly accelerated break-in).
Posted By: Slimpikins Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/15/18 06:19 PM
What??? not for another 3 weeks? Are the temps too cold up there to run subs?
Posted By: JBrad Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/16/18 02:02 AM
Hi. Just thought I'd mention something about break in. My LFR's needed about 40/50 hours before they sounded OK. Out of the box they would make your ears bleed at the SPL I like. No regrets after that! Just bought a new pair of headphones. Again it took some time before they sounded like what they should.
Posted By: Mojo Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/17/18 03:05 PM
I've "tested" sweeps, bursts, kick drum, harmonic distortion, transient response, low frequency extension, (lack of) midrange audibility...the sub enclosure is acoustically inert! No extraneous noises from the enclosure or drivers. Everything sounds wonderful including music and movies.

Surprisingly there's a response at 1 Hz. Now mind you there's negligible SPL - just drivers moving. At 10 Hz though, the whole room is in motion.

I haven't cranked the gain knob - it's at factory default which coincidentally is perfectly calibrated for my room. Integration with the room and speakers was painless.

Based on what I'm hearing, I wouldn't invest any more in improving the acoustics of this sub.

I haven't hit the gut punch switch yet. smile
Posted By: Slimpikins Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/23/18 01:04 AM
What position is the factory default setting on the gain?

So you have been just using it in the flat switch position, what are you waiting for Mojo for the punch in the guts?
Posted By: Mojo Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/23/18 01:12 AM
The factory default for gain is at ten o'clock.

I hit the switch last week.
Posted By: Slimpikins Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/23/18 01:29 AM
You hit the switch? OK, tell
Posted By: Mojo Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/23/18 01:41 AM
We'll compare notes once yours arrives.
Posted By: bridgman Re: I need FedEx help please - 01/27/18 08:56 PM
Now that your shipment has arrived safely I can post this:

Ouch !

The worst part is that the lights start flashing and the gates come down a few seconds AFTER everything stops moving from the crash.
© Axiom Message Boards