Axiom Home Page
Posted By: brendo Would this work for a star ground - 02/11/18 07:45 PM
O.K.
Yet another loop prevention question.
Say your power center etc. has a ground lug on it.
Would attaching a wire from all components ground lug to the power centers be creating a star ground?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Would this work for a star ground - 02/11/18 08:59 PM
Yes.

If a stud is provided, use crimped-on ring terminals and 2 star washers; one star washer under the terminal and one on top. Then place a flat washer above the star washer and then a locknut on top. You can also get lock nuts with integrated star washers.

If a screw is provided, you don't need the locknut.

Make sure surfaces are clean before making the connections.
Posted By: brendo Re: Would this work for a star ground - 02/12/18 12:55 AM
Cool
It's a Monster power center in question that has a built in grounding screw.

Most of the tube vids I've watched On the Subject are by people trying to sell their own products so not to much info on the subject.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Would this work for a star ground - 02/12/18 01:23 AM
What is the model?
Posted By: brendo Re: Would this work for a star ground - 02/12/18 04:18 AM
HDP1800

Have tried multiple hook everything to it rounds.
though due to a cable ground loop it always returns. Maybe creating a star with the use of the HDPS isolator can bypass my cable companies refusal to replace their Decrepit line coming in.

Even had the guy showed him beyond a doubt cable on cable off they still Wouldn't change it. Old building need a lift complain more the Guy said.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Would this work for a star ground - 02/12/18 04:44 AM
I just looked at the manual. It doesn't describe how to use the ground port. It's not clear to me if that's intended to be used for equipment grounds or Powercenter ground. It's possible that if you connect your equipment grounds to that port, noise filtering may be defeated. I recommend you contact Monster to discuss.
Get a balun for coax to eliminate ground loops.
Posted By: brendo Re: Would this work for a star ground - 02/12/18 06:28 AM
The power center has one. But my line coming in is from the 80s to which the cable guy agreed then tied telling my its the rest of the wiring. As I showed him cable on cable off.

Wouldn't the rest of the wiring still have the loop regardless of coax. line iF that was the case?
Posted By: brendo Re: Would this work for a star ground - 02/15/18 09:52 PM
Well for me was a no go the attempt of star ground gave me muddy sound.

It's an attempt to add my pro. power Amp in to the mix. 1\4TRS to RCA For atmos. a little much at 450 per channel though can't bear to use my 3channelADA1250 for that role, Makes my M80s and VP160 so full at 40 & 60hz. My MRX720 doesn't like the Coax. line I used for the hook up, nor the pro amp. Tried Chassis grounds to a Monster Powers "Ground lug". Sadly in the last couple years have gone from mainly Monster cable to dumping the junk only one power bar "clean stage1" and my "clean stage2 power center" left. Figured the solid copper and shielding might help. Just made my Tidal through wireless Playfi sound muffled?

The cables all gave me all kinds of noises dumped them for Canadian Mono price "Prime Cables" voilĂ  noises gone.

Have been watching a lot of PS Audio Tube Vids. They make a power regenerator sounds pretty good for eliminating loops. A Little to high end Toroidal power and such inside. "Supposed to give Amps. and sources direct current on demand".
© Axiom Message Boards