Axiom Home Page
A friend needs a very simple setup: stereo amp (or receiver) and the ability to play physical CD's (she has >600 of them and intends to stick with them).

Her space is quite limited, so the smaller the better.

I have some old M22's I can give her, but not sure at this point what the simplest good solution is for the rest. It's a pretty large space, but she listens at very low levels, so perhaps even a digital amp would work.

I had the thought of something really simple for her, such as an Apple HomePod or Axiom Air, but it would have to accept input from a CD player.

All suggestions appreciated.
You could keep your M22s and get one of these. A CD player and radio is built into it. It has bass, treble and balance controls and aux input jacks.

Be careful with the cheap class D amps. They hiss pretty bad and most dont have any controls other than volume.

Innovative Technology Classic Retro Bluetooth Stereo System with CD Player, FM Radio, Aux-in, and Headphone Jack, All Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071L1TXVS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MjRuDbQ82SPFJ
I have an Integra stereo network receiver (DTM5.53?)in my garage. Cost about $70. Sound quality VERY, VERY GOOD!

I use it with a Sony CA9ES CD player. Got it used for $50. Sound quality is VERY, VERY GOOD.

You could get an APTX bluetooth plug in for about $50.

A nice monoprice subwoofer for about $120+.

Add a pair of M22s and your friend would have one heck of a stereo system for about $300!!!

I don't think you could beat this system's sound quality for many times its cost.
© Axiom Message Boards