Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Mojo Top notch service from Axiom - 11/18/19 04:50 PM
I asked for my order of active LFR/1000-8/dual 500s be delayed for a week until I get back from a business trip. I am sure the factory is bursting at the seams with orders from Black Friday season. Regardless, Ian checked if I was back today so he can ship the order. That's excellent, personalized service!
Posted By: rrlev Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/18/19 08:04 PM
Have to agree ...

I had a renovation on track to start back in 2016. About when Axiom had a sale I could not turn down but need them to hold the items for a year. No problem ...

Unfortunately , the builder's finial price ended upping 2 times his estimate and everything fell apart ...

Short story is that the house is just finishing and Axiom has been holding everything for 3 years and has been fantastic about it.
Posted By: craigsub Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/18/19 11:52 PM
Mojo... Debbie shipped the speakers to me. They sound great!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/19/19 12:37 AM
Craig, thanks for breaking them in. Now send them my way. smile
Posted By: Mojo Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/19/19 12:43 AM
BTW, I know you are using top notch cables to power yours. I'll be using cheap rca cables that I've accumulated over the years and wire from a rusty old clothesline as speaker cable. Yup...$23K in speakers, DSPs, amps and subs and $2-worth of interconnects. That's the Mojo way.
Posted By: craigsub Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/19/19 05:21 AM
Mojo - I Actually went with Blue Jeans cables for interconnects and the 12 gauge Axiom speaker wire.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/19/19 12:34 PM
Oh I know. I read everything you post. Yours are top notch cables compared to mine. Most of the RCA cables I'll be using date back to the early 80s and are being held together with scotch tape.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/19/19 12:35 PM
Originally Posted By rrlev
Short story is that the house is just finishing and Axiom has been holding everything for 3 years and has been fantastic about it.

So it's time to upgrade, huh? smile
Posted By: brendo Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/19/19 10:05 PM
With those actives coming you should probably get something a little better than scotch taped. At least some fresh RG6 with crimp on's.
Posted By: rrlev Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/19/19 10:13 PM
Originally Posted By Mojo
Originally Posted By rrlev

So it's time to upgrade, huh? smile

hmmm ... Do you really think I should build another house? Just wrappin' up this one.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/19/19 10:18 PM
Originally Posted By brendo
With those actives coming you should probably get something a little better than scotch taped. At least some fresh RG6 with crimp on's.

Agreed. I've now duct taped them. The scotch tape was yellowed and crusty.
Posted By: rrlev Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/19/19 10:27 PM
Originally Posted By brendo

Think he's gonna need to upgrade his image to go along with his new system. A new car, wardrobe, furnishings ... a new Mojo all around
Posted By: Mojo Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/20/19 12:51 AM
I can't. With the exception of audio gear, I live very humbly in an old, small house with a 13-year old rust bucket of a small car and a 40-year old van that I use as my mobile domicile for sentimental reasons.
Posted By: rrlev Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/20/19 02:51 AM
And here I had a vision of you sitting in your chair, dressed in tails, sippin Champaign with one of those lady freinds of yours on your arm ... while listening to your A-LFRs setup up to perfection ...
Posted By: Mojo Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/20/19 03:31 AM
You got everything right except the tails and champagne. Try jammies and a beer. Oh and my lady friend ain't sittin on my arm. smile
Posted By: Curved Air Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/20/19 05:07 AM
Mojo, mine are set to be shipped out this week! Monoprice speaker cable, banana plugs and interconnects arrived today.

Only thing missing is a power strip... My snake oil sensors are flashing and looking for input. A Furman or Tripp Lite run around $30 odd, an Amazon Basics $15... Then there are Panamax and others at $$$ shocked

Any thoughts?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/20/19 05:11 AM
I think mine are shipping this week too!

I will be using a 7 outlet strip that I picked up for $4 at Canadian Tire. LOL!
Posted By: Curved Air Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/20/19 05:17 AM
Yeah... I’m leaning in that direction...
Posted By: Mojo Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/20/19 05:31 AM
I've tested mine. I hooked a heater up to it and I can pull 1500W with no voltage variation.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/20/19 05:49 AM
Shoe laces work pretty well!
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/20/19 05:53 AM
Originally Posted By Curved Air
Mojo, mine are set to be shipped out this week! Monoprice speaker cable, banana plugs and interconnects arrived today.

Only thing missing is a power strip... My snake oil sensors are flashing and looking for input. A Furman or Tripp Lite run around $30 odd, an Amazon Basics $15... Then there are Panamax and others at $$$ shocked

Any thoughts?

Yes. I have found most 'conditioners' degrade sound quality. Isotek makes some nice and fine sounding conditioners, power cables, and regenerators.

They cost a bit, but are excellent products.
Posted By: rrlev Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/20/19 02:39 PM
Originally Posted By Mojo
You got everything right except the tails and champagne. Try jammies and a beer. Oh and my lady friend ain't sittin on my arm. smile

Well I hope you at least close the curtains smile
Posted By: Mojo Re: Top notch service from Axiom - 11/20/19 06:19 PM
The two single ladies across the street don't like my blinds closed.
© Axiom Message Boards