Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Kodiak Cleaning Products for Reciever - 11/07/20 09:29 PM
Hey All,

I'm ordering up some stuff right now ( Parts express.... banana plugs and new speaker wire etc) and realized i need something good to clean my reciever. I've been thru this once already and just used some compressed computer cleaner air. It worked but now the noises are back. So its time to finally to do it properly. De ox it product you guys use and or recommened please? I think ive asked this before but got distracted by something else. Anyway....

Thanks!

Edit: Im also buying an optical cord.....will any old cord do? Any thoughts on these? It cant matter that much can it? Im guessing a mid grade reasonable optical cord will do. But ive been wrong before.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Cleaning Products for Reciever - 11/07/20 10:37 PM
Compressed air is fine when the cover is off the electronics and it is used carefully and sparingly. If you are not going to take the cover off, unplug it and let it sit for 2 hours. Then vacuum it at the vents.

What do you need optical (TOSLINK) cable for?
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Cleaning Products for Reciever - 11/07/20 10:45 PM
Hi thanks for the quick response. Im thinking i need some thing more, im getting a popping noise on my pure direct button so think i need to get some lubrication in there too. My balance and tone controls are a little scratchy too.

Toslink is for Axiom Transformer that is on its way to me. I've got some fresh speaker cable coming too.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Cleaning Products for Reciever - 11/07/20 11:18 PM
If you've cleaned the contacts before, and you know what you're doing, do the same thing again. If not, scratchiness when adjusting that doesn't interfere when playing is not a concern.

The Transformer is spec'd as 24 bits/192 KHz. I am assuming the optical input is the same spec. If so, you need to find TOSLINK cable with high enough bandwidth to support 24/192 or at least whatever bandwidth the source is that you are connecting to the Transformer. If it's a TV, most likely it will be 16-bit/48KHz in which case any TOSLINK will do.

If you are buying plastic TOSLINK, try to keep the length to 15 feet or so.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Cleaning Products for Reciever - 11/09/20 10:26 PM
Caig DeOxit D series. Use it to clean the Pure Control contacts.
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Cleaning Products for Reciever - 11/09/20 10:40 PM
Thankyou. I’ll get some of that. Cheers.
Posted By: Rjlitho Re: Cleaning Products for Reciever - 11/09/20 11:34 PM
Looking for some input on M22 V4 what do you guys think about them, price is good $225 including stands
RJ
Posted By: rrlev Re: Cleaning Products for Reciever - 11/10/20 03:57 AM
My Answer . But someone else may have a thought.
© Axiom Message Boards