Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Mojo Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 05:32 AM
If you don't like multiple tweeters, the Axiom port plugs work real well.

[[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 03:11 PM
You don't like dual tweets?
Posted By: Mad_Chesser Re: Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 04:21 PM
It IS very rare to see a speaker design with dual tweeters.

All the forum "experts" trash axiom for it.

I don't know enough to really have an opinion...other than....my m80s can sure pound and sound good at high volumes :p

But ive also seen those same "experts" praise certain internal speaker designs on other models but then blast axiom that use the same or similar design concepts. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds lol
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 04:46 PM
I enjoy the dual tweeters.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 05:04 PM
I have no problem with dual tweeters. I blocked one of two tweeters for a listening test on the M100s and cannot tell a difference in soundstage and imaging compared to dual tweeters.
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 05:26 PM
I did the same. I covered one to see if I noticed any sound improvements and did not notice any changes in sound quality. Having the dual tweeters seems to allow the power to be spread out when I crank the volume as to not overload a single tweeter. At least that's how I perceive the reasoning behind the second tweeter in Axiom's design.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 05:27 PM
Indeed.
Posted By: Mad_Chesser Re: Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 06:11 PM
As refined a speaker the axioms are...i also find they are the ultimate party speaker. smile

Those multiple tweeters and drivers allow for some very loud but accurate SPL's.

They just need the proper amplification to really handle all those drivers at loud spls
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 06:34 PM
ADA1500-5 will be going on order Friday. Then I can really crank them up to 11.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 06:50 PM
The ADA-1500 is capable of melting the voice coil adhesive. If something starts smelling acrid, congrats you've likely toasted the HP drivers. Likely not fried them though.
Posted By: Mad_Chesser Re: Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 06:54 PM
How many watts is the ada1500 - 2 channel version

And 3 channel?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 07:20 PM
325W into 8 Ohms and 650W into 4 Ohms continuous into 2 channels.

More than 3 times the continuous rated power is available for peaks.
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 08:40 PM
They will never get turned up more than 3/4 volume. I don't go above -10 on my AVR I don't think I would turn them up any higher with the amp installed.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by CanesFanInVA
I did the same. I covered one to see if I noticed any sound improvements and did not notice any changes in sound quality. Having the dual tweeters seems to allow the power to be spread out when I crank the volume as to not overload a single tweeter. At least that's how I perceive the reasoning behind the second tweeter in Axiom's design.
People don't realize just how high a note tweeters play. Take a look at the crossover points (e.g. 2Khz, 3.5 kHz) and then play a test tone at the BOTTOM range of the tweeter. A 3kHz note is pretty damn high. People are far more likely to hear differences in the midrange when it comes to overall quality.
Try covering your second midrange driver and see what happens. If it cuts the midrange output (as expected), again, you will likely notice more of a difference there than with the higher tweeter range frequencies.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 09:34 PM
Only about 6% of "typical" music energy is concentrated in the "typical" tweeter.

However, that 6% is responsible for 90% of the imaging. Given that neither Canes nor I can hear a difference in soundstage or imaging when a tweeter is covered in a dual tweeter set-up, it is a tribute to how well integrated the dual tweeters are in the Axiom designs.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 10:09 PM
Numbers without references Mojo.
Proof.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Multiple tweeters - 04/12/21 10:25 PM
When I listen to typical music, I typically hear 6% of that typical music emanating from my typical tweeters. It's plainly obvious to typical me that 90% of the typical imaging comes from my typical tweeters. Are you telling me you can't hear that on your system? If not, you likely need a new power cable.
© Axiom Message Boards