Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous Best rear speakers? Best sub? - 01/18/02 07:30 PM
I have some M22Tis which I love.

Now, for "surround" speakers, is it better have speakers that match your front ones (i.e. buying 2 more M22) or is it better to get the special surround speakers that Axiom makes.

Also: I was going to buy the EP-125 sub since I have a small room, but someone said to spend the extra for the 175 because they're a better "accoustic match" for my M22s.

Is this true? I don't need mind thumping bass, just good clean bass to fill in the M22.

Posted By: Ian Re: Best rear speakers? Best sub? - 01/20/02 05:31 PM
You are entering into the territory of the debate over direct radiating or multi direction surround speakers. As for timbre matching the QS8s are perfectly matched to the M22s. I think you will find, especially in a small room, that the QS8s will perform much better for the surround channel speakers. As for the sub-woofer the basic rule is the bigger the better but at some point it becomes an overkill decision. I would go with the EP125 given the size of your room if your receiver is less than 100 watts per channel. You can always use 2 EP125s if you require more bass output.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best rear speakers? Best sub? - 01/21/02 03:09 AM
"As for timbre matching the QS8s are perfectly matched to the M22s"

What about the QS4's and the 100? Are they matched as well for the M22's?

Posted By: Ian Re: Best rear speakers? Best sub? - 01/21/02 09:37 AM
Yes they are. The VP100 and the QS4s will work very well with the M22s.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
© Axiom Message Boards