Axiom Home Page
Posted By: asb148 Sample pics of warm cherrywood system! - 01/09/04 09:45 PM
Hope You like the pics!

Front View of System w/child.

Close up of Center Channel

Close up of Front Right Speaker again w/child.

Close up of Surround Speaker

The Rears (QS8's)

Close up of mount. Notice how little wire there is exposed!

FMB with custom wood spacer block (DIY!).
asb148,

How long from when you ordered your speakers to when you received them?

I am interested in a similar package with the custom finish and am interested in how long it took...

Great looking system though (don't you need some blinds?)

Thanks and regards,

WhatFurrer
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Sample pics of warm cherrywood system! - 01/09/04 10:35 PM
BEAUTIFUL!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Sample pics of warm cherrywood system! - 01/09/04 11:28 PM
Just wonderful!

And the speakers and A/V stuff ain't bad either.

Very nice installation, and an obviously joyful child. You have a good life!
Posted By: asb148 Re: Sample pics of warm cherrywood system! - 01/10/04 12:22 AM
Yes, I do need blinds. We are looking into mechanical blinds, which is why we have none at the moment. Not sure if they are worth the cost.

They took about 4 weeks to make, which according to Axiom is a little unusual. Gererally they take a little longer. I was very supirsed to get them so fast considering I ordered in December, which I tought would be a busy month.
Posted By: Twirly22 Re: Sample pics of warm cherrywood system! - 01/10/04 12:30 AM
Wow! They look SO much better than the sample on the web site.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Sample pics of warm cherrywood system! - 01/10/04 12:40 AM
That's one happy kid you got there. I can't wait until my son is up and about -- although I know that comes with a lot of headaches, too.
Posted By: sputnikv8 Re: Sample pics of warm cherrywood system! - 01/10/04 03:23 AM
Everything looks great! Nice color on the finish. I really liked the way you mounted the surrounds -- VERY clean look.

My boys are 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 and they absolutley love watching movies too.
That looks great! I am also thinking of going with the custom warm cherry finish, but I may go for the lighter charcoal grills as accents instead of black.
technoblue,

You might want to order a set of the custom finish samples with the Black and the Charcoal grill cloth. I ordered a set in Warm Cherrywood and Sorrel Pear with Black and Charcoal grill cloth and for me the Black looks better with the Warm Cherrywood (all my components are black on a cherrywood Sanus rack)...I had thought that the Charcoal might work as well until I saw them together.

Just my .02,

WhatFurrer

PS, Man I will be glad when this bonus shows up so I can order my Axioms...My SVS 20-39 PC+ just outshines the current HTIB satellites I now have...
Thank you for the advice, WhatFurrer. I started playing around with the on-line switches using a paint program and I've decided against that combination too. Charcoal would be a nice match to one of the darker wood finishes.

I would go with the standard Boston Cherry, but it's just a bit too dark to sit with the the other cherry accents I have in my growing HT space.
Posted By: Saturn Re: Sample pics of warm cherrywood system! - 01/10/04 10:07 PM

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Sample pics of warm cherrywood system! - 01/11/04 01:22 AM
Make sure not to touch the grills, Saturn, or your deposited finger oils will attract dust.
Posted By: Saturn Re: Sample pics of warm cherrywood system! - 01/11/04 03:34 AM
I noticed that .... so I took the grills of until it makes it to my permanent place in April. I still havent received my VP150 because of some screw up. It was in end of November when I ordered the QS8 and VP150. I may have to change it in the future to charcoal because I never realized off white would give me this issue.
Posted By: Saturn Re: Sample pics of warm cherrywood system! - 01/16/04 02:50 PM

http://www.spacelofts.com/x1/
Apologies for being obtuse, but is this still a vinyl veneer or is it real wood? Looks great.

Birdman
Posted By: Saturn Re: Sample pics of warm cherrywood system! - 01/16/04 03:44 PM
It is totally vinyl like all custom colors on Axioms. I had Monitor Audio's real wood veneers and also a M22 in vinyl and both did fall on the same side and about the same way. The M22 vinyl survived with a small nick...barely noticeable. The Monitor Audio had an indent and chip that was definitely visible from 3 feet away. Both look great. But with this custom vinyls I find the quality simulates a very close resemblance of the real wood veneers.

Also I had a sample of buffalo oak from the custom shop and it look as realistc as my PMC speakers which had real oak veneers.
Posted By: twodan19 Re: Sample pics of warm cherrywood system! - 01/16/04 03:54 PM
sweet. that thing got a hemi?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Sample pics of warm cherrywood system! - 01/16/04 05:25 PM
Dang you people. I really like my boston cherry system, but that warm cherry is really nice!
Looks terrific.
Posted By: BigWill Re: Sample pics of warm cherrywood system! - 01/17/04 04:20 AM
That looks far better than I had imagined.
© Axiom Message Boards