Axiom Home Page
Posted By: meeker QS-4's AND QS-8's - 01/28/04 11:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone here had QS-4's and QS-8's in a 7.1 system together? Do they match tonally?
I recently ordered the QS-4's as side surrounds and have been reading all the recomendations to get the QS-8's, but the price is daunting. I use stereo 50%/theater 50%. I do not have any interest yet in 5.1 channel music, too gimmicky right now.
If I kept the QS-4's for now, but in the future bought QS-8's for the sides and moved the 4's to rear surrounds, would this be a decent setup?

Room:17x11
Fronts : M60
Seating: 5' from sides, 6' from rear, 8' from front.
Posted By: fhw Re: QS-4's AND QS-8's - 01/29/04 01:04 AM
Why not just buy a second pair of QS4s down the road? That solves both the problems of tonal matching and price. In fact, it will probably sound better than the QS4/QS8 combo.

Posted By: INANE Re: QS-4's AND QS-8's - 02/06/04 06:05 AM
So what is the deal with the QS8's being so much better than the 4's? I hear they now have the same tweater... I'm looking to save as many bucks as I can and was planning on goign with teh QS4's to do just that (and VP100 instead of 150)
Posted By: alan Re: QS-4's AND QS-8's - 02/06/04 11:09 PM
Hi Inane,

It's not that the QS4s "sound so much better" than the QS8s. The QS8s simply have larger woofers and a bigger enclosure, so they play louder and cleaner in big rooms.

The QS4s are just fine in average and smaller rooms.

Regards,
Posted By: INANE Re: QS-4's AND QS-8's - 02/07/04 04:40 AM
ok, thats what I figured from the beginning, thx for clarifying...

...now I just need to finish my basement remodel, these speakers are my primary motivation =)

© Axiom Message Boards