Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Misfit_Toy Calling all 80 owners... - 03/02/04 05:16 PM
I've read many a things with the M60s, but very little on the M80s. If you're an owner of the 80s can you tell my your experience with them good or bad? Thanks for helping me decide what to get. I'll be placing an order next week and want to get some solid feedback before I buy! Cheers to all!
Posted By: rcvecc Re: Calling all 80 owners... - 03/03/04 02:09 AM
i have the 80s-best 1100 dollar speaker ive heard-and i heard a lot in that price range-the only thing i can say is that unless you can sit back roughly 14 or 15 feet you might want to consider the 60s....thats just my opinion on where they really start to sound their best...good luck....ron
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Calling all 80 owners... - 03/03/04 02:48 AM
Axiom M80...

UNFORTUNATLY... i didnt buy them sooner! Ive had em for a year and 2 months now and im still enjoying every minute of them. my old speakers.. i had them for a year and was tired of them. i was regretting my purchase of those JBL's. well im still loving the axioms. Theyre very good speakers, good bass,mids,highs,soundstage.. detail, everything. And a superb company standing behind them.
Posted By: Stilettopat Re: Calling all 80 owners... - 03/05/04 01:12 AM
Hey, timely thread. I'm also strongly considering the 80s, and I my only real concern is the mid bass. Just had my first opportunity to listen to Axioms the other night (60, 150 and QS8s) and was extremely impressed by the high end and midrange - but was not too impressed by the mid bass. His SVS Sub handled the deep bass nicely, but.... Any thoughts from you 80s owners??
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Calling all 80 owners... - 03/05/04 01:41 AM
you should have asked whoever was demoing their system to turn the sub off and just listen to the two m60 by themselves.

I think the M80's got it all.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Calling all 80 owners... - 03/05/04 01:53 AM
Pat, since most of the Axiom speakers are very accurate in that mid or upper bass area, I wonder if you might be used to speakers which have an elevated response there, to give an impression of more "warmth", etc. Although that might sound pleasant and quite a few speakers adopt that ploy, in fact it's less accurate.
Posted By: Lorenzo1000 Re: Calling all 80 owners... - 03/05/04 03:35 AM
I just got my m80's yesterday and I can tell you they have very good bass. Very tight and accurate, not sloppy or muddy. Turning on my STF-2 just made things even better. I am very happy with my purchase and they are factory outlets. I can't see anything wrong with them at all. Great deal, glad I took the plunge.
Posted By: readster1 Re: Calling all 80 owners... - 03/05/04 05:57 PM
Is it just me, or do the m80's start sounding alot better, the more power that is applied to them. I love mine, and the louder they get, the better they sound.
Posted By: Wid Re: Calling all 80 owners... - 03/05/04 08:14 PM
I've had my M80's for almost a year now and still enjoy them as much as the first day I got them.I never heard the M60's but if the are even close to the 80's there is plenty of bass to them.Maybe John K. is on the right track that you might be used to a bloated bass response in what you are used to.I have mine powered by a Rotel RB1080@ 200 watts into 8 ohm and 300 per into 4 ohm.I also believe that they need plenty of power to sound there best.Mine too are teamed up with a HSU VTF-2 sub, I already had it before I got my M80's so I probably would'nt have got a sub if I had bought the 80's first as they do sound really good on there own.
Posted By: Raindance Re: Calling all 80 owners... - 03/05/04 08:42 PM
In a blind A/B test with equal sources, louder will always sound better.

So, when you have speakers that will produce quality sound when turned up (as the M80s can), it's going to sound really good.

Also, at lower volumes it's harder for your ear to hear the bass- when things get turned up you hear a more full-range sound.

Mike
© Axiom Message Boards