Axiom Home Page
Posted By: newsguy Who builds good a/v furniture in Ontario?? - 03/02/04 11:18 PM
I'm looking for someone to build furniture that will both function well (adequate ventilation, sound dampening, etc.) and look well (You guessed it: I'm married).

I live in London and would prefer something close but would consider other areas of the province.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Also, anyone recommend pre-made stuff? I've seen Salamander but their stuff is very expensive for what you get, especially in Canada, where the markup is huge.
you again?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Who builds good a/v furniture in Ontario?? - 03/03/04 12:38 AM
Double posting is frowned upon in these here parts. Triple posting is considered a felony! Just one post in one of the categories, please.
Here I thought I was just seeing triple and needed my glasses checked...
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Who builds good a/v furniture in Ontario?? - 03/03/04 01:10 AM
Thank God that's been clarified. I was concerned because I couldn't remember if I had taken my medication tonight or not.

Hmmm. Do I need to post this in the other 2 spots as well?

The sad part is that I STILL don't know who builds good a/v furniture in Ontario.
I'm stunned at this post, you live minutes away from the furniture building capital of Ontario and you're asking this question?

Try doing a search in the Kitchener - Waterloo area for custom furniture builders.

Avalon Custom Woodworking&Refinishing
100 Park
Kitchener, ON N2G1M6
(519) 741 - 1444 (Voice)

Frey Sidney Custom Built Furniture
(519) 746 - 7450
Kitchener

Try this link for more: http://waterloo.phoneguide.ca/yellowsearch.html?headingID=054150

Posted By: newsguy Thanks for the suggestions - 03/03/04 03:40 PM
Have you used or have you seen the work of the two places you mentioned? Do they offer similar service/quality/price? Do you have any experience with any of others in Kitchener?

I'm meeting with two London cabinet builders tomorrow. One is likely too high end for my budget (high-end woodworkers as opposed to cabinet makers) but we'll see.

I will also be shopping for new speakers and audio equipment over the next few years. I'm hoping to find someone in London with Axioms so I can listen to them (I'd be interested in the M60s). But I will also audition others. Do you recommend any stores in Kitchener or more boradly, Ontario, that either offer exemplary service or good prices?

Again, thanks for your help.
Posted By: newsguy And to think I was going for four - 03/03/04 03:43 PM
No death penalty in Canada, thank goodness.

Seriously, thanks for the etiquette lesson. Each message board has its own culture so there's always a learning curve.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Thanks for the suggestions - 03/03/04 06:45 PM
No I don't have any experience with any of them.

However I am pretty sure that if you can give them a clear indication of what you are looking for, including your budget they will be more than happy to suggest other companies who can look after you in the event that they can't do the work.

Sorry for the long sentence, it's just been my experience that good companies wil often assist you; even if it means sending you to a compeditor.

Good luck with your quest, keep us posted.

Posted By: spocket Re: Thanks for the suggestions - 03/18/04 03:13 AM
I don't know about London, but in Windsor, ON, there's a store that carries the Axiom Audio line. This is where I bought my HT and I had good service with them. It's called "Future House" on Walker rd.

The nice thing about it is that you have the whole line side by side so you can make A/B comparisons. I walked in there with the firm intention to buy M50's but after some A/B comparisons, I knew it was not cutting it compared to the 60's and 80's. I left empty handed till I went back few weeks later when I could afford the M60's.
Posted By: Aeromos Re: Thanks for the suggestions - 03/24/04 04:47 AM
I also know of a dealer in the Toronto area for Axioms. Post me if you would like to check them out and I'll pass on the address. This dealer was referred to me by Axiom themselves.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Thanks for the suggestions - 03/24/04 07:04 AM
In reply to:

I will also be shopping for new speakers and audio equipment over the next few years. I'm hoping to find someone in London with Axioms so I can listen to them (I'd be interested in the M60s).

Why not take a long weekend or vacation and drive up to the axiom store its self and check them out first hand? Most of us that are not so fortunate to live as close as you would love to be able to see things first hand.
Posted By: newsguy Re: Thanks for the suggestions - 03/26/04 10:50 PM
It looks to be a drive of about five hours from London, which is a bit much for a weekend trip, especially with two young kids. I've never vacationed in the Muskokas. I guess now I have an excuse.
© Axiom Message Boards