Axiom Home Page
Posted By: beezer23 Speaker Stand Opinions - 03/07/04 08:34 PM
Any suggessions/opinions on a pair of 20 - 22 inch speaker stands?? Wood or metal would be fine. I'd like to spend less than $100, if possible. I currently have a pair of Sanus Eurofoundations that I bought cheap off of Amazon($48), but they are too high for my M22's.

Thanks!
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Speaker Stand Opinions - 03/07/04 10:27 PM
Heres some 18 inchers that parts express sells, they also have 24 inch. these are good stands, i have a friend who uses the 24" ones with 50lb speakers.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&PartNumber=240-749&DID=7
Posted By: Glock19er Re: Speaker Stand Opinions - 03/08/04 12:10 AM
I have those exact stands. Use them with my 22's and they are very sturdy. Filled them with lead shot.
Posted By: rdelpozo Re: Speaker Stand Opinions - 03/08/04 01:12 AM
I got the same ones 18" from parts express, but did not fill them with lead shot, does it really matter or make any difference? if so were do you get the lead shot? thanks!!!
Posted By: Monstermile Re: Speaker Stand Opinions - 03/08/04 02:54 AM
Are the high mass stands really necessary for the M22s?? Would the medium maas ones suffice?? I bought a pair of Tech Craft 21" stands and I am ready to replace them after a few weeks. Pretty much junk.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Speaker Stand Opinions - 03/08/04 03:54 AM
At the end of the day, the point is to diminsh the possibility that these tall, skinny setups tip over as much as possible. Weight in the base or lower part of the configuration is probably the most effective way to accomplish that, short of screwing the stands into the floor.

The cat, the dog, the rambunctious toddler - this is a defense against the evil knocker-downers. If you can garner something aesthetic in the mix - so much the better. BTW, lead shot can be purchased at any gun store.
Posted By: beezer23 Re: Speaker Stand Opinions - 03/09/04 06:34 PM
Thanks everyone - I'll check out the PE stands. Anyone have experience with Plateau's??

Hmmm... 48 pounds!! Anyone have a clue what they charge for shipping??

I actually could drive to Dayton to check out those stands, I live in Columbus.

Posted By: Glock19er Re: Speaker Stand Opinions - 03/09/04 08:32 PM
Hi Beezer. I had the Plateau stands as well. I sent them back and kept the High Metal Mass stands from Parts Express. Shipping wasn't that bad. I think it was around 15 dollars via UPS ground. The High Metal Mass stands were a lot sturdier and they looked better IMHO. The HMMS do NOT have a speaker wire management system. The Plaeaus do. If you have any more questions, let me know.
Posted By: steveo3818 Re: Speaker Stand Opinions - 03/09/04 08:47 PM
I havea dillema! My wife wants me to get an axiom package but she hates the stands for the QS8's (this may be the deal breaker). are there any stands out there that would mount to mounting posts on the back of the QS8?
Posted By: Stilettopat Re: Speaker Stand Opinions - 03/09/04 09:07 PM
I hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but I too am looking for the members' concensus of how best to wall mount QS-8s. My speaker wire terminals are located at the top of the wall (almost 10 feet up), so I'll need to "aim" the speaker downward towards the listening area. Do most of you users feel I should use the stock bracket, or should I use the optional bracket?

Your responses would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat
Posted By: beezer23 Re: Speaker Stand Opinions - 03/13/04 12:11 AM
Thank you Glock19er - I think I'll go with the High Mass stands - only decision now will be 18 vs 24 in for my M22's... I really wish they made 21 inchers.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Speaker Stand Opinions - 03/13/04 12:40 AM
Pat - you answered your own question. The standard bracket does not allow angling and the speakers go up one way only. Get the Full Metal Bracket and twist/angle to your heart's content. (to your wife's whims, actually)
© Axiom Message Boards