Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Tree QS8 Picture w/ Stand - 03/25/04 04:07 AM
I was wondering if someone could post a picture of a QS8/QS4 on the QSS stand from behind.

Thanks!
Posted By: Tree Re: QS8 Picture w/ Stand - 04/10/04 04:45 PM
Wife made me *bump* this. Sorry.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: QS8 Picture w/ Stand - 04/10/04 05:02 PM
Tree, i suggest you send a PM or an email to Amie as well.
She may be able to take a quick snap of something for you if no one on the forums has pictures.
Posted By: AndrewS Re: QS8 Picture w/ Stand - 04/10/04 06:43 PM
www.axiomaudio.com/qss.html

Picture of QS4/QS8 on stand
Posted By: squirrelyz Re: QS8 Picture w/ Stand - 04/10/04 09:56 PM
if I can get a hold of a digital camera (may be able to snag one from work monday) I'll photo mine and send it to you...

^billy
Posted By: gnrajagopal Re: QS8 Picture w/ Stand - 04/13/04 06:52 PM
here you go......

Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: QS8 Picture w/ Stand - 04/13/04 09:57 PM
Thanks for the picture...

Question: Why do the stands only elevate the speakers approximatrely 4 feet or so off the ground when Ian suggests that we mount the speakers 6-7 feet off the ground, depending on room size?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: QS8 Picture w/ Stand - 04/13/04 10:34 PM
Imagine the stability of a 6-7 foot tall stand....

Wall-mounting is the preferred solution, so the stands are a compromise. Keep in mind that the QS series are very forgiving placement-wise. They do such a great job of not calling attention to themselves that they're good almost anywhere (within reason).
Posted By: Ray3 Re: QS8 Picture w/ Stand - 04/13/04 11:36 PM
Also, the real key is to get the tweeters to ear level (or above).
Posted By: Tree Re: QS8 Picture w/ Stand - 04/14/04 12:35 AM
Thanks for posting those pics... they are a huge help.

The only question my wife has is this... Are the metal "U" shaped bracket on the back of the speakers removeable? She thinks they look terrible. *sigh*

Thanks for your help!
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: QS8 Picture w/ Stand - 04/14/04 01:40 AM
stability makes sense - re: size of the stands. Would pointing the speakers slightly upward help at all? Would this make them appear to come from higher up on the wall, or does the quadpole defeat this?

I ask because there is a fair chance that wall mountiing won't be an option in our new house.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: QS8 Picture w/ Stand - 04/14/04 04:44 AM
In reply to:

The only question my wife has is this... Are the metal "U" shaped bracket on the back of the speakers removeable? She thinks they look terrible. *sigh*

That's why they invented hot glue guns and doilies....
© Axiom Message Boards