Axiom Home Page
Posted By: twelly I'm looking for a good QS8 mount - 03/25/04 09:59 PM
Hello QS8 owners,

Has anyone ever used a non-axiom surround speaker mount to mount your QS8s in which you can adjust the angle of the speaker (w/ swivel of ball bearing type, 180 degrees)?

Let me know if it works well for you. I would appreciate if you could point me to the site where you ordered them.

thanks,
twelly
Posted By: Ajax Re: I'm looking for a good QS8 mount - 03/25/04 10:13 PM
This has become a fairly common question around here. I've bookmarked the web site. Note the wall mount version on the left side of the page.

Don't let the 10lb. rating worry you. They'll hold the QS8s just fine.

Posted By: twelly Re: I'm looking for a good QS8 mount - 03/25/04 11:35 PM
Jack,

Thanks a lot for the info. One more question. Do you recommend ceiling mount it or wall mount it on the side?

-twelly
Posted By: Ajax Re: I'm looking for a good QS8 mount - 03/26/04 12:02 AM
I think the general consensus is that surrounds should be mounted between 1 and 4 feet above the ears, and "slightly" behind the listening area. I don't think a ceiling mount can get the speakers into that "1 to 4 feet above the ears" range.

However, the 8s are said to be "very forgiving" as to placement. And, as the photos show, they can be ceiling mounted very well; particularly if aimed slightly downward toward the listening area as Jason has his. Jason says his sound great.

I think the optimum would be to wall mount the 8s, with the enclosed bracket, right against the wall. If you prefer to aim the 8s, then using a Omnimount wall bracket would enable you to do that and still keep the 8s in that 1 to 4 foot range. If that doesn't work for you, then ceiling mount them. No matter which way you go, I think you'll be satisfied.

Let us know what you decide and how it works out (pics, if possible).
Posted By: jakewash Re: I'm looking for a good QS8 mount - 03/26/04 07:00 AM
Here's a link to my pics of the QS8 mounted with Axiom's FMB. It works great also.
www3.telus.net/public/jklasher/
Posted By: twelly Re: I'm looking for a good QS8 mount - 03/26/04 10:02 AM
Thanks for the info and your advise. Sure thing, I'll let you know how it goes and post some pix.

-twelly
© Axiom Message Boards