Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mhorgel Dis my first in home audition - 03/27/04 06:40 PM
This morning I auditioned my Axioms for a fellow from Lexington, KY (about 70 miles away) and his wife. He was fairly impressed with the sound of my Axioms.

We listened to the "In Absentia" DVD-A by Porcupine tree, Dark Side of the Moon on SACD, AC/DC Highway to Hell, Beethoven piano sonatas, Alan Parsons' "I Robot" HDAD, and some trance CD he brought. We watched the Heart concert DVD, the airplane crash scene from "Fight Club", and the Moria sequence from LOTR:FOTR.

Andrew (the auditionee) specifically mentioned the tight bass and accurate highs of my M-60's, as well as the imaging. He plans to order some M-80's, QS8's, and VP150, and audition them in his home against some Ascends.

All in all, I had a great time spreading the Axiom gospel!

Mark
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Dis my first in home audition - 03/27/04 08:10 PM
I'm jealous. I still haven't had any nibbles for an audition.
Posted By: AndrewS Re: Dis my first in home audition - 03/27/04 09:39 PM
Thanks again for the audition, Mark. Your setup is awesome and now I'm even less sure if I need the M80's.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Dis my first in home audition - 03/28/04 12:51 AM
M80's vs Ascend? I assume you mean the L/R 340's right? Otherwise, it's not a fair comparison.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Dis my first in home audition - 03/28/04 01:53 AM
Depending on how much flexibility you have with placement, the M60s may be a better choice as well. Numerous people have said that though the M80's are incredible, finding the sweet spot for placement can be a challenge. On the other hand, the M60's are pretty easy. Plop them down and enjoy.

I also agree, unless you're putting the Ascend 340's up against the M60s/M80's it's not really fair. As great as they are, the little 170's are simply out gunned against big towers.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Posted By: snippy Re: Dis my first in home audition - 03/28/04 04:02 AM
How would the Ascend 340's even compare to the M60s or M80s. Aren't they bookshelves also?

And are the Ascends really as ugly in person as they are on the website?
© Axiom Message Boards