Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Tufelhundin Color Question - 05/07/04 05:36 AM
I ordered a sample of Vermont maple and and Warm Cherrywood and I really liked the Cherry wood but my wife like the Vemont Maple which means that now I "must" have been wrong and I really do like the Vermont. Anyway has anyone compared the Vermont to the Boston Cherry? Hard to tell the difference on the site and I dont have an address to have a smaple sent right now.

Semper Fi

Wyn
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Color Question - 05/07/04 03:11 PM
Yeah - I'm a big cherry wood fan too. But, on closer inspection, that Vermont Maple is pretty sexy too. I just love those dark, reddish wood tones. I think that they make furniture etc. look rich.

Sorry - I haven't seen either of them. But, I don't think you can go wrong.

On two side notes - I think that darker is better for speakers (helps them blend in better), and since most speakers are black, they wont' look out of place if they are darker than some of the other wood in your home.

Second - if it makes your wife happy, it'll probably make you happy. It's more fun having someone rooting for your project with you, IMO.

Go with the Maple.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Color Question - 05/07/04 04:24 PM
I've got samples of both the Boston Cherry and the Vermont Maple at home right now. They're fairly similar, but the Vermont Maple is a bit deeper in color. I'll check them out for you when I get home and maybe I can be a bit more informative then.
Posted By: Tufelhundin Re: Color Question - 05/10/04 05:37 AM
Thanks for the input, I received some really great pics that I can compare to.

Semper Fi
© Axiom Message Boards