Axiom Home Page
Posted By: njoyment Outdoor Speakers - 05/17/04 07:35 PM
I was wondering if anyone had a sugestion for a set of outdoor speakers. These will be mounted under an eve, but could be splashed from the pool.

For you technically minded folks that want more information . My backyard is 40' by 70' with a very high ceiling . Summers are over 110 degrees, winters are in the 60's. No snow, not alot of rain, low humidity.
Posted By: davehead Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/18/04 04:00 PM
That's a good suggestion for a future addition to the Axiom speaker line.

Since they don't have one, I'd recommend the JBL outdoor speakers (N24AW or N26AW). You can order them from J&R, which is an authorized dealer:

JBL N24 AWII - $150 per pair with free shipping (mounting brackets included)

JBL N26 AWII - $200 per pair with free shipping (mounting brackets included)

I have a pair of the N24s in my bedroom and they're great speakers for the price.

David

Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/18/04 04:47 PM
njoyment,
a lot of people here have expressed a real fondness for some of the Energy line of speakers. Apparently they make an outdoor speaker, here, that may be worth checking out as well.
Posted By: BigWill Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/18/04 05:01 PM
njoyment, based on what I've seen happen to outdoor speakers after a period of years, you may just want to get some cheapos like the faux rock speakers at CostsCo for $80. Rust may not be an issue in AZ, I'm guessing, but high temps may shorten the speakers lives as well, eh?
Posted By: tcook4109 Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/19/04 01:47 PM
I have a pair of Bose 251's hanging on the outside of my house overlooking a pool and have been very happy with them.
I live in N. Indiana, so the climate can go to both extremes. Had them for 3 years now and they still sound good. Somewhat overpriced for what you get, but isn't that typical of Bose?
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/19/04 02:26 PM
tcook-

yes, bose are highly over-rated, and highly over-priced.. with that being said, my dad absolutely loves his acoustic wave radio.

paul harvey was very persuasive!!

bigjohn
Posted By: njoyment Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/19/04 10:59 PM
Those JBL's that are linked dont look to bad...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/19/04 11:10 PM
Paradigm's Stylus series of speakers are weather/water/UV resistant.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/20/04 12:56 AM
DV-52 from here .
Posted By: austinbirdman Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/26/04 01:37 PM
Second JohnK on the B.I.C. DV52s, and given your mild climate, you could even place the B.I.C. DV62si's (which are not an outdoor speaker, but have more low-end range) outside. At the prices you can find them for, there's no reason not to. - Birdman
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/26/04 01:56 PM
birdman- love the spinal tap reference.

you dont have a cucumber in your pocket, do ya??

bigjohn
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/26/04 02:16 PM
"10125 watts each recommended power"

Boy, those things must have really low sensitivity! You sure you have enough power to drive them?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Outdoor Speakers - 05/27/04 12:32 AM
Ken, you know that's a typo. The zero snuck in; actually only 1125 watts are needed.
© Axiom Message Boards