Axiom Home Page
Does anyone know what happens to units that are returned to Axiom for one reason or another? Are these units sent out to other customers as "new" units, or are they moved mandatorily to the "outlet" sales section?

I'm just wondering if it's possible to order a new set of new speakers, yet receive units that have been in one or more other customer's homes since leaving the factory.
I'm not exactly sure about the law in Canada, but if you buy any piece of consumer electronics, and open the box, and then return it, it CANNOT, by law, be sold as new. That is why the refurbished market is so hot. It is also why certain stores have "restocking fees" - this percentage is really just the difference in what the store is now going to be able to sell the item. Other big stores, like Best Buy etc., may not charge you a restocking fee because they are able to unload those units to other resellers.

So, in short, if a speaker comes back to Axiom, if the law is similar in CAnada, then they would go straight to the Outlet (Hence the 10% discount)...
This may also explain why some outlet speakers don't have any blemishes.
This was covered recently, wasn't it?

They're gone over with a fine-toothed comb, any flaws are fixed and they're put into B stock I believe.

Bren R.
Hi all,

Nope, you're all wrong. Returned units are sold at discount to Axiom employees, family, and relatives.

No returned units are put into B stock.

Regards,
Dad.....is that you?

so you gotta guy working on the loading dock right now thinkin, "man, i sure hope this guy returns these!"

bigjohn

Sidvicious02,

Sid, my prodigal son, you're returned! LOL! Ha, ha, ha. One of my old M80s had a huge gouge out of the bottom right corner where Frankie the FedEx guy dropped it, presumably from the truck. Sorry, but you can't have it. It went back to the factory a few months ago.

Regards,
"Dad"
Hmm... time to run down to the law courts and have my name legally changed to Colquhoun.

Bren R.
Can we be friends?
© Axiom Message Boards