Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Spacedghost M80's and Yammy RXV1 - 06/04/04 01:48 PM
Good Morning
This is my first post on this forum. I have been lurking reading and I am almost ready to make the jump. However in my reading, I know there seem to be a lot of Denon people on here. I am just wondering if my RXV1 will have any problems pumping these speakers, I know that it will go 4ohms I'm just not sure about the over current thing. One more thing, I know some people consider the Yammy's to be bright, and that the Axioms are sometimes considered bright also, is this a possible bad combo?

Thanks in advance for any help.
SG
Posted By: chesseroo Re: M80's and Yammy RXV1 - 06/04/04 04:17 PM
Spacedghost,
The RX-V1 should have no problems driving the M80s.
The auto protection circuitry is in place in case a home user really cranks up the volume and the load on the amplifier section becomes too high. No home receiver should be cranked in any event, and as more speakers are added, more caution should be taken. Cilpping will begin if the receiver is taxed (and the auto protect does not kick in). That being said, most well built receivers will provide plenty of volume for most ppl's preferences. My home 5.1 Axiom system with an Onkyo receiver can hit over 90dB at 8' without clipping.

Forgot about the sonic 'character' of the electronic components that ppl report. The reports are inconsistent and highly variable from person to person. Choose your receiver based more on price and features.
Posted By: spongeworthy Re: M80's and Yammy RXV1 - 06/04/04 05:51 PM
No advice from me Casper until your off the doobage. Or until you share.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: M80's and Yammy RXV1 - 06/04/04 06:04 PM
YES, SHARE!! i have no idea what we are talking about?

bigjohn

Posted By: Spacedghost Re: M80's and Yammy RXV1 - 06/04/04 08:43 PM
I wish my condition could be explained away that easily.
SG
Posted By: Ray3 Re: M80's and Yammy RXV1 - 06/04/04 11:55 PM
In simple parlance (that's where I have my mail delivered), Yammy, Denon, Onkyo, HK mid level + are the recievers that get good reports for the Axioms and your will drive the M80s.

I'm not exactly sure what we ware trying to share, but I'd like two please.
© Axiom Message Boards