Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ithirsty axiom needs in wall speakers - 06/10/04 02:32 AM
why are no in wall speakers made?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: axiom needs in wall speakers - 06/10/04 04:57 AM
because it's extremely difficult to make one that sounds halfway decent.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: axiom needs in wall speakers - 06/10/04 01:47 PM
Yet if you look at extreme high end systems they are almost all in-wall. For what it's worth I think the future of home theatre is very much in-wall.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: axiom needs in wall speakers - 06/10/04 03:55 PM
In-Wall speakers = SAF out of control.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: axiom needs in wall speakers - 06/10/04 04:11 PM
Where do you see that? Most of the extremely high end systems I've seen were set on the floor with a bunch of cables running around everywhere.

Now, the extremely expensive houses all have in wall speakers, but I would bet that the owners ain't audiophiles.
Posted By: alan Re: axiom needs in wall speakers - 06/10/04 04:20 PM
Hi,

It might be the future of home theater for people who don't care about high-quality uncolored music and soundtrack reproduction and can't stand to see speaker boxes, but in-wall speakers are quite inferior to well-designed conventional speakers. I have yet to hear any I've liked.

Have you heard some of these "high-end" in-wall systems? No comparison to good, separate loudspeakers. In-wall speakers are intrinsically flawed because the wall surface becomes the speaker's front baffle, and you can't control that.

Plus the speaker causes the wall to resonate and produce spurious output. Controlling the variables of room acoustics is difficult enough without adding the variables of the wall itself as a resonator to the mix.

Regards,
© Axiom Message Boards