Thinking of getting an hsu vtf-2, will it rock the house
Posted By: Ajax Re: Hsu Subs Good?? - 06/10/04 02:38 AM
Yup!
Posted By: tonygeno Re: Hsu Subs Good?? - 06/10/04 03:06 AM
Depends on how big your house is.
Posted By: Michael_A Re: Hsu Subs Good?? - 06/10/04 03:15 AM
Excellent point, Tony.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Hsu Subs Good?? - 06/10/04 01:26 PM
if your home is slightly smaller than the 'white house', then i think you will be fine.

the VTF-2 will shake any room in the 20x20 range, and i do mean SHAKE. any larger than that, and i would step up to the STF/VTF-3.

i have a crappy-a$$ vega sub, and it rattles things all over my house when i crank it up. i couldnt imagine what an HSU could do.

bigjohn
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Hsu Subs Good?? - 06/10/04 03:46 PM
Hsu subs are incredible. Just drop Dr. Hsu and email, and he'll point you to the right sub for your room.

Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Hsu Subs Good?? - 06/10/04 05:23 PM
my room is 27' x 18' and my VTF2 shakes THE HOUSE.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Hsu Subs Good?? - 06/10/04 10:35 PM
I would be remiss if I didn't mention SVS subs. Another excellent product.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Hsu Subs Good?? - 06/10/04 11:36 PM
I also must mention SVS subwoofers.

As you can see here, my wife has a collection of crosses on our back wall...The SVS 20-39 PC+ we own will rattle all the crosses off the wall (provided I did not have them all stuck down with Quake Secure putty) on both sides of all the walls. The thunder in Open Range feels like you are out in the storm...and when the Nazgul fly by in the Dead Marshes, you can feel the wind ruffle your pant legs...

Would I recommend SVS? A resounding YES! My 12 year old son as well as most of the neighbors will agree with me.

My biased .02,

WhatFurrer
Posted By: Ajax Re: Hsu Subs Good?? - 06/11/04 12:14 AM
Thirsty, you will NOT be disappointed in either Hsu or SVS subs. Both companies have excellent customer service; both provide means for you to contact them and get their advice on which of their subs would work in your room; neither will push you toward something you don't need. Either way, you can't miss.
© Axiom Message Boards