Axiom Home Page
Posted By: barbarino2000 Stands for M22s - 06/10/04 03:36 AM
I'm ordering the M22s and need stands for them.
The SS16 isn't going to be high enough for me. Has anyone tried the CSS2 model? It seems a little small-based for such a large bookshelf speaker. Any comments? Any other recommendations for under $100/pair?
Posted By: BrenR Re: Stands for M22s - 06/10/04 06:53 AM
I have the SS24s, though I'm neurotic and I use an anti-slip mat on them rather than the rubber standoffs. They're stable and inexpensive, they've got wire management holes and they do what they need to.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, but they're stands... and look better than placing the speakers on top of Peavey Acoustical Systems manuals.

Bren R.
Posted By: KOSMOS Re: Stands for M22s - 06/10/04 02:22 PM
If you're a little bit mechanically inclined, they're very easy to build! I made my set for under $15.00. There's a site, http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/stubby_e.html, that'll show you how it's done. I tweaked it a bit and shaped the top of the stand to match the bottom of my M22's. If you want, I should be able to post some pics.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Stands for M22s - 06/10/04 03:53 PM
I know it's a bit more than you wanted to pay, but Studiotech makes some terrific stuff, and they've got their 24 inch stands on sale right now. 30% OFF!

If you're in CA, you'll have to pay sales tax, so I suggest giving www.racksandstands.com a call. They're based in Boston, MA and will match the studiotech price, and that'll save you the sales tax. (Plus though their in MA, they ship from CA, so your stuff will arrive really fast anyway!)

Posted By: BigWill Re: Stands for M22s - 06/10/04 05:05 PM
Make them yourself. Any design you want, any materials you want.
Posted By: bugzyseg Re: Stands for M22s - 06/10/04 06:12 PM
Right on Big
Custom made stands for under $20
Oh, for those in love with brand names it is another $5
to put engraved peace of metal on them :-)
© Axiom Message Boards