Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ohllama m40's - 06/29/04 05:42 PM
A friend of mine has to be credited with my initial interest in the Axiom line of speakers. He recently brought over his M22's and they truly blew me away. I have a Marantz SR-4300 and am debating on whether to go w/ the M22's or M40's.
I've read many posts on this subject and have been enlightened a great deal. However, I would love to read of a few more real world A/B tests on the two pair. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: m40's - 06/29/04 06:07 PM
i dont know if anyone has done a direct comparision between the M22's and the M40's.. but i do remember a thread not too long ago that compared the M22's with the M50's.. i dont have time to try and find the thread and link it, but if you go into 'search' and look by M50, i am sure you can find the thread.

good luck.. to be honest, i dont reckon you will disappointed with either of those choices.. but i am a volume guy, so i say get the M50's, or M60's..(add manly grunt here)

bigjohn

Posted By: Ajax Re: m40's - 06/29/04 08:06 PM
Unfortunately, the M40s are about the least discussed Axiom speakers here on the forum. Anybody got any direct experience with them? Anybody? (I keep hearing an echo coming back to me).

If all else fails, you should give Axiom a call, describe your situation (i.e. room size; budget; etc.), and what you're looking for, sound-wise, and ask them their recommendation. They are very nice people, will be more than happy to help you, and will not try hype you into something you don't need or want. They just want a satisfied customer. It's worth the money spent on the call.
Posted By: BigWill Re: m40's - 06/29/04 10:44 PM
If you liked the M22s alot you would probably be a little disappointed in the M40s, I'm guessing. Same tweeter, but the rest of the speaker is focussed on producing bass while the M22 seems focussed on producing flat mids.
Posted By: INANE Re: m40's - 06/30/04 04:23 AM
If ur on a budget and just want a good speaker that would be able to do some bass without a sub I'd say thats what the M40's purpose in life is. M50 being the same deal if you can spend a lil more cash.

Being that they are floorstanding.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: m40's - 06/30/04 05:47 AM
Funny... I would expect the M40s to have similar characteristics to the M3s, with more bass extension. I think I've read posts to that effect. Do a search on all posts for M40 M50 M80, and you should come up with a comparison someone did awhile back between those three speakers. I wouldn't put the M50s in the category of just a good speaker though, INANE...
© Axiom Message Boards